Thread: Montblanc Solitaire Doue question

Thanks

Default Montblanc Solitaire Doue question

Hello

I recently acquired this Montblanc 146 Solitaire Doue (middle in the top photo). Bought from a trusted seller, so feel good about authenticity, but its a different size than my other LeGrand, mainly the cap is shorter, and the body is, but only marginally.

Its mainly the cap which is shorter, has No 146 on the band, its not interchangeable with the other pens, and there are no markings under the clip.

The other 1621 silver cap is the same size as the Legrand, is interchangeable, no model no. on the band, and has Pix under the clip.

The cap is 6.7cm, whereas the new LeGrand Platinum (Bottom) and the 1621 Solitaire Doue Legrand rollerball(Top) caps are 7.0cm.

Is this a case of an 146 vs Legrand size differences in different time periods, or can anyone shed light on is this normal for the cap size. All else appears correct, silver 925 is stamped in and not laser etched on, etc

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snowstorm; February 13th, 2019 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc Solitaire Doue question

Quote Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
    Is this a case of an 146 vs Legrand size differences in different time periods, or can anyone shed light on is this normal for the cap size. All else appears correct, silver 925 is stamped in and not laser etched on, etc

Thanks in advance
    Yes, this is the case. Montblanc changed the size of the 146 FP and Le Grand RB more than once. The pen is authentic and there is nothing to worry about.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Snowstorm (February 14th, 2019)