Thread: 3 Vintage Sheaffer's FP's - 2 with Stub Nibs

Thanks

Default 3 Vintage Sheaffer's FP's - 2 with Stub Nibs

Hi all,

These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

If you see one or more pens that you like, please reply to me at:

michael@northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. ~SOLD~ to L.M.

circa 1927 Sheaffer's oversize White Dot Lifetime flat top fountain pen in black "Radite" plastic. The only brassing I found are two spots on either side of the clip ball. The barrel has a nice imprint. The nib is a very smooth writing Medium factory Stub with generous ink flow and it has good line variation. Stub nibs probably on comprised about 1 to 2 percent of nib production at Sheaffer's. Capped the pen measures 5 3/8 inches or 13.5 cm. The condition is Excellent.

~SOLD~ to L.M. $195.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

2. ~SOLD~ to E.D.

circa 1936 Sheaffer's Balance fountain pen in Ebonized Pearl (embedded abalone chips). This is a full length slender model. It has no brassing or other damage to report. It has a very deep barrel imprint. The nib is a smooth writing Fine 14K No. 3. This is a lever filling pen. Capped the pen measures 5 7/16 inches or 13.8 cm. The condition is Excellent.

~SOLD~ to E.D. $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

3. ~SOLD~ to L.M.

circa 1921 Sheaffer's oversize fountain pen in black lined hard rubber. This is a pre-White Dot model. I made a mistake on my writing sample, stating a date of 1918, but it has a Lifetime nib, which would date it between 1921 and '23. The nibs were marked Lifetime starting in 1921 and the White Dot was introduced in 1923, according to my information. The pen has a smooth writing Broad Stub 14K with generous flow. Stub nibs probably on comprised about 1 to 2 percent of nib production at Sheaffer's. The clip has a bit of side wiggle, but seemed to hold to my shirt pocket with acceptable pressure. The clip and cap band do not have any brassing, but the tip of the fill lever has a bit of brassing. The cap has some wear to the lined chasing towards the top. The black hard rubber has light to moderate discoloration (oxidation). Capped the pen measures 5 3/8 or 13.5 cm.

~SOLD~ to L.M. $245.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

Rules, Shipping, Etc.

The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
    ~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item. I will give you 5 days to
    decide if you like the pen or not. I prefer payment by PayPal but also
    accept checks or money orders in USD. I can only accept payment by
    PayPal from countries outside the U.S. I ship worldwide, so
    international customers are always welcome.

Prices are post paid in the U.S., and will be shipped with a tracking
    number and insurance. I normally ship inside the U.S. by U.S.
    Postal Service Priority Mail. I also ship to other countries by Priority
    Mail. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,
    if you request it, but it is costly.

Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
    returned. If there is a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the problem
    or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a full refund
    will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to send the item
    (pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be corrected, I will
    not be responsible for any other problems.

Happy penning!

Michael McNeil

E-mail: michael@northwestpenworks.com

Last edited by Michael McNeil; February 26th, 2019 at 03:44 AM.