Thread: For those who joined in the last 60 days: How's your FP journey going?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: For those who joined in the last 60 days: How's your FP journey going?

Hi, I'm Dedrix!

I'm relatively new to the fountain pen obsession. I've started journaling after a long hiatus. I'm finding I love to journal as much as I did many years ago and my fountain pens are making it even more enjoyable. I've started with the Pilot Metropolitan (fine nib) and the Pilot Kakuno (fine nib). I bent the nib on my Kakuno and managed to straighten it; however, it is a bit scratchy. Any help here would be appreciated (I'd rather experiment on more inexpensive pens). I've tried a few Chinese pens and have found that they are nice but do not have the same smoothness as the Pilot pens. I have a Pilot Prera that should be arriving in a few days, so it'll be nice to see if it is as nice as the Metropolitan. My fantasy pens are the Pilot Custom 74 and the Pilot Vanishing Point. I'd also like to try the TWSBI eco. I do like the finer nibs of the Japanese pens; however, I still enjoy a buttery smooth writing experience. If you all have any suggestions, I'd be willing to listen. My journal of choice is a Moleskin XL. I'd be willing to try out other papers as I'm really enjoying my writing experience. Suggestions would be appreciated.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dedrix For This Useful Post:

calamus (March 17th, 2019), Cyril (March 17th, 2019)