Thread: FPN will be intermittently offline this weekend, March 1st-2nd, 2019.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 432 Posts

Default FPN will be intermittently offline this weekend, March 1st-2nd, 2019.

Copied from the FPN Website:

"Server Migration and Downtime

Hopefully this weekend, from 1-2 March 2019, we will be able to migrate FPN to a new server, which is bigger, faster, and comprising more modern technology than our current server.

We do not exactly know when exactly the migration will start, but we will obviously keep you informed.

This migration is the first step towards a major upgrade of the forum software we use. The second step will most likely be an upgrade to our Classifieds add-on, followed ultimately by the forum software upgrade itself, hopefully around Easter

Obviously, such a migration will require some down time (likely up to 2 days), so we do hope you will be able to bear with us, all for the greater good of our site .

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Warmest regards, Wim

On behalf of the FPN Moderator and Admin Team"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: FPN will be intermittently offline this weekend, March 1st-2nd, 2019.

Almost as interesting as when somewhere in China a sack full of rice tilted over......

I doubt that he will set a redirection to FPG in that time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Default Re: FPN will be intermittently offline this weekend, March 1st-2nd, 2019.

Can I get more information about the sack incident?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (April 5th, 2019), penwash (March 2nd, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Can I get more information about the sack incident?
    After standardizing the roads of China the First Emperor promulgated the Rice Stabilization Act, under which it is illegal for a sack of rice to fall over. Compliance has been good though not yet perfect.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jerome Tarshis For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (April 5th, 2019), Chrissy (April 5th, 2019), ethernautrix (March 2nd, 2019), Jon Szanto (March 2nd, 2019), Paddler (March 2nd, 2019), Pterodactylus (March 2nd, 2019), TSherbs (March 2nd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

So now, the fountain pen website wars have led to FPN replacing FPG's icon with FPN's icon in my browser's bookmarks (Safari). How? Why?

Edited to add that I think I've been able to block it.
    Last edited by FredRydr; April 5th, 2019 at 03:36 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (April 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    So now, the fountain pen website wars have led to FPN replacing FPG's icon with FPN's icon in my browser's bookmarks (Safari). How? Why?

Edited to add that I think I've been able to block it.
    Appears to be a conspiracy

I've not used the Safari browser for years. It seems to me to be the apple version of Internet Explorer. Safari seems to not play well with anything so any little thing that can be exploited electronically will get in there. I'm not surprised with the overload of ads that the other place has that something could have planted itself on your Safari and spoofed something (not sure if I am using any of the proper terms - likely not). I have to help my students download Firefox or Chrome browsers on their school issued laptop computers so that we can have dependable interaction with digital instruction or resources.