Thread: 2019 Montblanc Limited Editions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default 2019 Montblanc Limited Editions

A blog post in January discussed a sneak peak at Montblanc's 2019 special releases (https://ukfountainpens.com/2019/01/1...tion-releases/). This post didn't have any pictures but a thread on FPN around the same time did. There was a lot of discussion about the authenticity of the pictures, with many knowledgeable people saying the pens were fake. The OP was quite adamant that they were legitimate and didn't seem to have any connection with the other blog post. This suggests the pens are legit or both people were duped by the same source.

One reason why people claimed the pictures were fake was that the thread had not been taken down, which generally happens with pre-release pictures of Montblanc pens on FPN. Very shortly after this point was made the thread disappeared. This doesn't mean the pens were real but it did make it harder to look at the pictures. Fortunately, the internet has a long memory, and with a little googling I was able to find copies of the pictures. There may be one or two more pictures out there but I wasn't able to find them.

I don't want this to become a thread to complain about FPN's policies (that topic is covered elsewhere) but I did want to make the pictures available again in case others wanted to see and discuss them.

I've never owned a Montblanc LE pen, mainly because the people represented by those pens don't mean much to me. I feel a little different about Disney, in part because I use Disney case studies in my classes (I'm a management professor and think Disney the company is fascinating) and because our family has had some great vacations to the Disney parks (we don't watch many movies so I don't care much about the films).
    When I heard Montblanc would release a Disney pen I was excited but the picture did not inspire me–it doesn't feel like the pens capture Disney. Obviously these could be fakes or prototypes and the final versions will look different (or better pictures will show more details) but for now I'm disappointed. Namiki and Colibri have both released Disney/Mickey Mouse fountain pens that seem more interesting and true to Walt Disney.

According to the blog, we should see the Hardian pen in April and Kipling in July. I think the Great Character pens are released later in the year so it will be a while before we get more information on the Disney pen (assuming any of these are real).

Anyways, I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts and to make the pictures readily available on the internet again. Hopefully someone has more pictures or information about these pens and is willing to share.

The pens:
    Writer's Edition – Rudyard Kipling
    c6CKcQH_d.jpg

Kipling and Patron of the Arts – Hardian Kipling LE
    dNvSKz7_d.jpg

Great Character – Walt Disney
    ZJSKBUU_d.jpg
    Last edited by mulrich; April 9th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

ilanz (June 17th, 2019)