Thread: Sailor cartidges

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Default Sailor cartidges

I hate to interrupt the Mystery Ink thread, but I'm sure I'll be bumped out of the way in no time, so no harm done, presumably.

Here's my question. A little while back I bought some "Sky Blue" Sailor cartridges on Jetpens.com. They were on "Last Chance" closeout, and I nabbed all that they had left, which was about 8 cartridges. Apparently at one time Sailor had a selection of interesting colors available in cartridges, which they've since discontinued. When I nose around on the internet looking for any old ones still left or new ones that might have been released to replace them, all I can find are black, blue, blue-black and red "Jentle" inks, and I read somewhere that Jentle inks are going away too. Has anyone heard anything about the direction Sailor is going to be going with their inks, and in particular their carts?

Thanks.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

KKay (March 15th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Sailor cartidges

I believe that some of your questions might already be answered in this very recent thread from inklord
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thanks Chris. Actually, I'd already read that thread; I think that's where I read that the "Jentle" name was apparently going away. Unfortunately, there was nothing in there about cartridges. That Ink Studio set was amazing, though. Must cost a fortune.
    Last edited by calamus; March 12th, 2019 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks

I've never bought any Sailor cartridges, and wasn't aware that they might be different colours to their bottled inks.

I believe they have just ditched the word Jentle and changed it to Shikiori, as well as reducing the bottle size from 50ml to 20ml.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Sailor have long sold cartridges in some slightly different colours to their bottled inks. You can still find the twin packs of Sailor Jentle ink cartridges, in all six (current) colours, on Rakuten Global Market.

I have packs of red-brown, sky blue, green and pink, and they’re are all good colours. The other two available are Black and Blue-Black.

Try shop Komamono Honpo.

I’m unsure about Sailor’s future plans for these cartridges.
    Last edited by migo984; March 13th, 2019 at 05:33 AM.

Thanks

Thank you migo. I did find some of the colors there. They had one packet of 2 sky blue cartridges available, and one of red-brown. They were completely out of the green. They wanted me to give them my credit card number and place the order before they would tell me what the shipping charges were. Also I had to choose the method of shipping first, but I didn't understand what the options were -- EMS? e-packet? -- or if it defaulted to the least expensive or most expensive. They said they wouldn't run the card until I approved the shipping charge (they'd notify me of the amount) but I didn't feel comfortable with that. Any idea what a minimum shipping charge to the US would be likely to run? I'd hate to have to spend $10 in shipping for an ¥86 item!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calamus View Post
    Thanks Chris. Actually, I'd already read that thread; I think that's where I read that the "Jentle" name was apparently going away. Unfortunately, there was nothing in there about cartridges. That Ink Studio set was amazing, though. Must cost a fortune.
    I checked ebay.com for "Sailor cartridges" and saw this listing. Several colours including Pink, Sky Blue and Red Brown $3.49 per 2 cartridge pack, but when you buy more than one the price per pack reduces, and they are shipped free. For multiple purchases you just need to add them to your cart first.
    Last edited by Chrissy; March 14th, 2019 at 01:14 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

calamus (March 14th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Thank you migo. I did find some of the colors there. They had one packet of 2 sky blue cartridges available, and one of red-brown. They were completely out of the green. They wanted me to give them my credit card number and place the order before they would tell me what the shipping charges were. Also I had to choose the method of shipping first, but I didn't understand what the options were -- EMS? e-packet? -- or if it defaulted to the least expensive or most expensive. They said they wouldn't run the card until I approved the shipping charge (they'd notify me of the amount) but I didn't feel comfortable with that. Any idea what a minimum shipping charge to the US would be likely to run? I'd hate to have to spend $10 in shipping for an ¥86 item!
    I’ve used that payment method for shops on Rakuten many times and have never had a problem. The last time I bought Sailor cartridges (about 2 months ago, from the shop mentioned) shipping to the UK, using the cheapest rate, was just over £4 (620¥). My total order of 15 packs cost a few pence over £12 including the shipping, so about £0.80 per pack.
    Last edited by migo984; March 14th, 2019 at 03:38 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

calamus (March 14th, 2019), KKay (March 15th, 2019)

Thanks

Thank you! I just ordered several packages of sky blue and red brown.
    Last edited by calamus; March 14th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 15th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    I’ve used that payment method for shops on Rakuten many times and have never had a problem. The last time I bought Sailor cartridges (about 2 months ago, from the shop mentioned) shipping to the UK, using the cheapest rate, was just over £4 (620¥). My total order of 15 packs cost a few pence over £12 including the shipping, so about £0.80 per pack.
    Thank you so much. It just didn't seem worth it when they only had two packs of two cartridges left. If there had been more available I would have gone ahead and done it.