Thread: Visconti HS BA nib

Thanks

Default Visconti HS BA nib

I own a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age lava fountain pen with palladium EF nib. I enjoy it quite a bit even if it doesn't hold that much ink and even if there's no ink window. My nib is single tone but I've read others writing about their 2 tone nib on this pen. Did Visconti fit some of these pens with a single tone nib and others with a 2 tone nib?

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti HS BA nib

I have only heard about Bronze Age pens with two-tone nibs. It sounds like the nib has been exchanged with another similar nib (Midnight in Florence, London Fog etc.)
    My nib looks like this:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Occipital Lobe View Post
    I have only heard about Bronze Age pens with two-tone nibs. It sounds like the nib has been exchanged with another similar nib (Midnight in Florence, London Fog etc.)
    My nib looks like this:

Thanks for the info Occipital Lobe.

Since I've had this pen for more than 1 year, I suppose there's nothing I can do about getting the proper 2 tone nib. I know this nib is famous/infamous for being poorly tuned (or not even tuned!) so I might get a bad one if I were even able to procure one.

I see that on your pen the "Homo Sapiens" lines up nicely with the nib. I think my "Homo Sapiens" also did that once but maybe the number of unscrewings of the nib-feed unit that I've done probably altered the relationship. On my pen, the "Homo Sapiens" is on the "bottom" when writing with the pen.

Thanks

In looking into this matter of 2 tone and 1 tone Visconti HS BA lava fountain pen nibs, I found out from the Goulet Pens website that the newer editions of this pen do indeed only have a 1 tone nib. It's the older editions that had the 2 tone nib.

I'm still wondering if there's some way to get the "Homo Sapiens" (on the bronze band at the lower end of the section) back to being aligned with the nib-- I think it was once that way when I got the pen over 1 yr. ago. I mentioned above that my "Homo Sapiens" is at the "bottom" of the pen when in use. Maybe that name is also "on the bottom" for others owning this pen-- I don't know.

Thanks

I just received my HS BA Monday, the 18th of March. I got it from Appelboom.
    It has a 1 tone nib. The medium nib sucks, by the way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Takasnooze View Post
    I just received my HS BA Monday, the 18th of March. I got it from Appelboom.
    It has a 1 tone nib. The medium nib sucks, by the way.
    I'm sorry Takasnooze that the nib's lousy. I know Visconti's famous for poor and lousy nibs. Does your pen have the "Homo Sapiens" on the brass band (by the section end) nicely lined up with the nib?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to usgs For This Useful Post:

Takasnooze (Today)

Thanks

IMG_1783.JPGIt does.