Thread: Pelikan Toledo M710 (old Style)

Thanks

Default Pelikan Toledo M710 (old Style)

Greetings all,
    My name is Brian, and I just registered a few moments ago. For some time I've been trying to find out, generally, the value of a fountain pen of which I came in possession. After some research I was able to determine that the pen is a Pelikan Toledo M710 (old style; Produced from 1992-1999 according www.pelikan-collectibles.com). I see the newer versions selling for somewhere between $500-$900 depending on the year and whether it has docs and original box. The pen I have came in an M700 box, without any document, but in perfect condition. I don't know if it had ever been used, but I did have to have the nib polished and tuned. I'm not looking to get an official appraisal of the pen, I just want some idea of the value. I would chance at guessing that it's more valuable than those produced between 2009-2011 since they've been out of production longer, but I really have no idea. I just thought I would ask a more experienced community what they thought the value (ball park) of the pen may be. Thank you for any positive feedback.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bpresson; March 16th, 2019 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Pelikan Toledo M710 (old Style)

Just in case anyone was interested. I followed up with the webmaster for the Pelikan Collectibles site listed above. He was able to give a good ball park estimate on the pen. If anyone on the forum has Pelikan pens, and having difficulty determining their estimated value, I encourage you to reach out to Mr. Dominic Rothemel.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

Default Re: Pelikan Toledo M710 (old Style)

Dominic is indeed most helpful and his site is a great resource on Pelikan pens.

You have a beautiful pen.