Thread: Introducing Lamy Benitoite

Thanks

Default Introducing Lamy Benitoite

For a long time now I haven't been planning to buy any new inks. I already have too many and some are impatiently waiting their turn. Yet every time I'm tempted and, even worse, I succumb to the temptation. The latest instance was at a local stationer's, where I came across the new Lamy Crystal Inks. Two of them appealed too much to me to be ignored, so now I have too many blues and greys in my collection. On the positive side, I am able to compare inks and improve the matches between pens, inks and paper sorts.

Lamy Benitoite has an interesting colour and despite its similarities with other inks I think I'm going to use it a lot. I'm a bit worried that my Lamy 2000 with the medium nib (for which the Benitoite was intended) didn't have a consistent flow with it, unlike with other inks, but the Sheaffer Balance II behaved impeccably with Benitoite. I'll see what I can do about this. As always, I remain optimistic.

Lamy Benitoite.jpg

The scan came out quite true. On my computer screen, the colours come very close to what I see on paper.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to a_v_l For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (March 17th, 2019), azkid (March 17th, 2019), carlos.q (March 17th, 2019), catbert (March 17th, 2019), countrydirt (March 17th, 2019), Jeph (March 17th, 2019), junglejim (March 17th, 2019), Yazeh (November 23rd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 570 Posts

Default Re: Introducing Lamy Benitoite

I am also a sucker for that sort of dark and dusky blue. Between that and the shading I'm really tempted. I. Must. Resist.... Too. Many. Inks....

Thanks

Waterproofness is not among my priorities concerning inks for the fundamental reason that paper, the carrier of even the most waterproof ink, tends to be quite fragile itself. Nevertheless, having read somewhere that the Benitoite is waterproof, I let the tap run over the sheet for over a minute. The results were encouraging: Benitoite showed considerable resistance but so did the other inks, with the exception of Blau Permanent. As for the 60g paper, it would have disintegrated hadn't I been extremely careful handling it.

Lamy Benitoite_washed.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to a_v_l For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (March 17th, 2019)

Thanks

Thank you for putting another blue ink on my radar.

Thanks

great review!
    I like that ink.