Thread: Is it advisable to use Diamine Shimmering inks with Waterman Caréne fountain pen?

Thanks

Default Is it advisable to use Diamine Shimmering inks with Waterman Caréne fountain pen?

Due to the unique design of Waterman Caréne fountain pen, will it advisable to use this pen with Diamine Shimmering inks?
    I wonder because I suspect that the shimmering particles might clog the inside of the Caréne and it will be an herculean task to clean it later.
    Will be very helpful if anyone of you who had used this combination shares the experience.
    Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Is it advisable to use Diamine Shimmering inks with Waterman Caréne fountain pen?

Welcome to FPGeeks.
    I've used Diamine Shimmer inks in my Waterman Carene and all of my Waterman pens. I haven't experienced any problem cleaning them out of any of my pens. However, I'm very careful about cleaning pens.
    I use an ear bulb for flushing and warm water with a bit of dishwashing detergent in there. Then flush again with clean water.
    After cleaning I've closely examined nibs and feeds that I can get out of other Waterman pens (Phileas, Etalon, Hemisphere, Preface) and have seen really clean feeds.
    I've found them no harder to clean out than some pigment inks that I've recently been using.
    As long as you practice good pen hygiene you will be OK with whatever ink you use in a Carene. It has an enormous feed.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

azkid (March 28th, 2019), bodobose (March 26th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Is it advisable to use Diamine Shimmering inks with Waterman Caréne fountain pen?

I've got one (with a very nice stub nib) and I wouldn't dream of putting particulate/glitter inks in there. There is so much trouble in the world, why ask for more?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

bodobose (March 26th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (March 27th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

I don't use shimmer inks in any pen costing more than a few bucks...and wet writers show the shimmer.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

bodobose (March 30th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

I don't use them in my piston fillers, but any of my C/C pens is fair game. I'm confident about my cleaning out capabilities with all of those.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

azkid (March 28th, 2019), bodobose (March 30th, 2019)