Thread: Sheaffer Legacy 1/2 Pump Seal O-Ring

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Legacy 1/2 Pump Seal O-Ring

Hi all

Does anyone know of a supplier of the O-Ring used to seal the filler pump shaft.

Unfortunately its not the same size as used in the PFM which I have loads of and none of my usual suppliers list anything for the Legacy.

Anyone found a supplier.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Sheaffer Legacy 1/2 Pump Seal O-Ring

Are you referring to the one on the section? That's the only one that's accessible on a Legacy, as the filler is riveted inside the blind cap and not screwed in. So you can't access the one inside the barrel end that would need the filler unit removed.

I've never seen any Legacy O-rings for sale within the UK.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking of the one at the end of the barrel, by the blind cap, didn't know it was riveted, that's going to make for an interesting repair. Don't need one at the moment, was just planning for the inevitable future repair. I suppose they are not yet old enough for anyone to have had the need to get replacements, but that day will come, or will all owners just go over to cartridges as it can take both?

Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

The only O-ring that can be replaced on a Legacy 1/2 is the one on the section. You can't remove the filler from the blind cap and replace it. That's how Sheaffer made it. Ron Zorn has discussed this on the other place.

That's why you get so many Sheaffer Legacy pens with new barrels.

You don't really need the filler to pump. You can swap the gold coloured converter type filler that's in there for a regular Sheaffer press bar converter then it can just be a converter or cartridge filler as normal.

I can confirm that the Sheaffer twist action converter does not fit into a Legacy Mark 1/2. (Don't ask me how I know.) Ideally what you need is a Sheaffer press bar converter with the red connector at the bottom. That version has a silicone sac inside.
    Last edited by Chrissy; April 2nd, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

As a small yet integral component, the pump seal O-ring ensures a seamless and leak-free writing experience, embodying the brand's commitment to quality and longevity. In this article, we delve into the significance of the Sheaffer Legacy 1/2 Pump Seal O-Ring, exploring its role in preserving the excellence of this iconic writing https://www.smartnewo.com/product-ca...ire-inflators/ instrument and highlighting the meticulous craftsmanship that defines the Sheaffer legacy.

Thanks

Spam ^^^^