Thread: Pilot 95S Elite Repairable?

Thanks

Default Pilot 95S Elite Repairable?

Hi, I new to fountain pens and I think I broke my Pilot 95S Elite by accidentally putting in a platinum cartridge in. Once I realized my mistake, I removed it and put in a Pilot cartridge. However, at that point, a black piece of plastic fell out from inside the pen. I think it is part of the feed?

Can this pen be saved/repaired?
    I'm so sad, I love this pen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Pilot 95S Elite Repairable?

It’s hard to tell from just looking at that photograph. With most brands, the opening of the cartridge fits over a nipple and the shoulders of the cartridge are supported on the outside. Pilot cartridges are supported from the inside. There is a relatively large and long arc-shaped piece of plastic that pierces the cartridge’s seal and locates it over the feed.

If that’s the piece of plastic that broke then I suspect you’re only DIY option is to find a donor pen from which to salvage that portion of the section assembly. If you have a delicate hand and good magnification, you could theoretically glue that piece back in, but I doubt it would stand up very long to the forces it’s subjected to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,368 Times in 3,979 Posts

Sadly I don't think your pen is repairable. That piece of black plastic that you've broken off is the C/C nipple from inside your section. You won't be able to glue it in so that it will stay in place, and you are likely to get glue into the ink channel if you even try to do that. Even then it will break off again inside a converter or a cartridge as soon as you put one in.

You will need to find another section from a different Pilot Elite 95S.

I don't have any Pilot Elite pens, but you may be able to swap your nib into a different pen if you prefer the way that writes to your next one.

Apart from International size, cartridges and converters tend to be brand specific.
    Last edited by Chrissy; April 21st, 2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thank you Kulprit and Chrissy for your insight. I'm sad that it's broken, but will keep an eye out to replace it in the future. Happy Easter