Thread: Comfort in a pen rut

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Comfort in a pen rut

I'm in a rut.

It's a comfortable rut to be in, though. I've had the same pens inked for months, 15 in my pen rack...give or take two that came and went when the Sheaffer Vac-Fill conical nib bug bit me. I've hardly looked to my pen chest. It's as though I've settled on my favorite writers after years of buying and and selling. I'm writing more and worrying less about my collection. My fingers aren't getting stained restoring pens. And yes, that means I've had less to offer for sale, but it's never been for the money anyway.

I am confident this won't last, and those emptied drawers in my pen chest won't be that way for long. Something will catch my eye, and then off I'll go. But until then, it's nice to say to myself, "I finally have every pen I need." Um..., need is the operative word, here.

IMG_2062.jpg

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (April 15th, 2019), amk (April 14th, 2019), carlos.q (April 14th, 2019), Chrissy (April 14th, 2019), Deb (April 14th, 2019), Jon Szanto (April 17th, 2019), junglejim (April 14th, 2019), Kaputnik (April 18th, 2019), pajaro (May 16th, 2019)