Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is ebay version of "Big Brother" watching?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,015 Times in 4,003 Posts

Default Re: Is ebay version of "Big Brother" watching?

Quote Originally Posted by proteus View Post
    The only objective is money, if you still think they care about any thing else – try phoning or contacting the help line ( to be fair, all big business is that way, not just eBay )
    I happened to do that just yesterday. I was able to speak with someone within a short time, and about 10 minutes later, after some discussion, the matter was handled to my satisfaction. I was somewhat surprised, but it simply reinforced my tendency to examine an issue myself, rather than relying on hearsay and anecdotal stuff. I'm sure there are bad experiences aplenty, but mine was not one of them.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

I have had several positive experiences when speaking with ebay, but you sometimes have to wait for them to phone you.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    I think it's just an enhancement to what has already been available for some time. As a seller I was given the opportunity to send out offers to people that bid. The system would send out second chance opportunities when an item is resisted. It seems that they have narrowed the target market down to increase sales.
    Sellers have always been able to send out 2nd chance offers to underbidders when the winning bidder fails to follow through. That's actually quite different, as the seller then automatically has the bidders names on his item as it ended.
    What I'm drawing attention to is that, at least, for Buy it Now items, sellers are now being advised by ebay which ebay ID's are actually watching their items; ebayers who haven't bid, or bought from them before, or even sent the seller any ASQ messages. These are completely random ebayers. The sellers can then send out special offers to any or all of them. I've never known ebay send ebay ID information of "watchers" to sellers. This information isn't something that shows up in the seller hub. Only the number of "watchers" is shown.
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 3rd, 2019 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 586 Posts

I think you have to be logged into eBay when you look at stuff to be notified when the price drops, etc.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calamus View Post
    I think you have to be logged into eBay when you look at stuff to be notified when the price drops, etc.
    Yes, I think you're right.