Thread: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Default Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

I purchased the green and pink. Kinda Easter basket looking...but I like them.

"Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

inklord (April 27th, 2019), NibsForScript (April 21st, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (April 26th, 2019), ThriveToScribe (May 18th, 2019)

Thanks

Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

Received them, then went back for the blue, too.

Thanks

Are Safaris that good? I haven't tried many, but they have the stiff steel nibs. The ones had a fine to medium nib, sort of 0.5 to 0.7 m.m., very neat line with even ink flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Are Safaris that good? I haven't tried many, but they have the stiff steel nibs. The ones had a fine to medium nib, sort of 0.5 to 0.7 m.m., very neat line with even ink flow.
    It's a thing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

inklord (April 27th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    ... that cool, uh? (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
    my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inklord For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (July 20th, 2019), VertOlive (April 27th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inklord View Post
    ... that cool, uh? (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
    my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)
    PICS!!!

Thanks

PICS!!!
    Screenshot_2019-04-28 LAMY Joy Calligraphy Fountain Pen - White Red (Special Edition).png
    that's the "Joy" from which to build the "Safari", basically by switching the barrel for a white "Safari" barrel... (available in June at Goulet's)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inklord For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (April 28th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,364 Times in 3,978 Posts

That sounds like such a great idea. I wish I had thought of it while I was in Florida.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens