Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

  1. #1
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,598
    Thanks
    3,583
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    I purchased the green and pink. Kinda Easter basket looking...but I like them.

    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

    inklord (April 27th, 2019), NibsForScript (April 21st, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (April 26th, 2019), ThriveToScribe (May 18th, 2019)

  3. #2
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,598
    Thanks
    3,583
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    Received them, then went back for the blue, too.
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    Are Safaris that good? I haven't tried many, but they have the stiff steel nibs. The ones had a fine to medium nib, sort of 0.5 to 0.7 m.m., very neat line with even ink flow.

  5. #4
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,598
    Thanks
    3,583
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Are Safaris that good? I haven't tried many, but they have the stiff steel nibs. The ones had a fine to medium nib, sort of 0.5 to 0.7 m.m., very neat line with even ink flow.
    It's a thing.
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

    inklord (April 27th, 2019)

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 435 Times in 269 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Received them, then went back for the blue, too.
    ... that cool, uh? (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
    my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to inklord For This Useful Post:

    VertOlive (April 27th, 2019)

  9. #6
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,598
    Thanks
    3,583
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    Quote Originally Posted by inklord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Received them, then went back for the blue, too.
    ... that cool, uh? (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
    my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)
    PICS!!!
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 435 Times in 269 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

    Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by inklord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Received them, then went back for the blue, too.
    ... that cool, uh? (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
    my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)
    PICS!!!
    Screenshot_2019-04-28 LAMY Joy Calligraphy Fountain Pen - White Red (Special Edition).png
    that's the "Joy" from which to build the "Safari", basically by switching the barrel for a white "Safari" barrel... (available in June at Goulet's)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to inklord For This Useful Post:

    VertOlive (April 28th, 2019)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •