Thread: Small ladies pocket pen, no brand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Small ladies pocket pen, no brand

I have an old pen, it's pre WWII, but I don't know if it's 1920s or 30s. The main cap covering the nib is octagonal silver, and there is a matching silver sleeve that slides on to the barrel. The barrel is black, solid all the way except for a small screw-on cap on top; under the cap there is a push filler. When I managed to get it appart, I found the remains of a rubber sack and the spring-vaccume mechanism reasonably intact.

The odd thing is the barrel, it's solid all the way from top to bottom, on top is the small cap covering the push mechanism, bottom has a gold nib and the wedge shaped feed part. I can't figure out how the sack was fitted. It was hard to wiggle the remains of it out and I guess even worse to get a new one in. There is no separate section to fit the sack on. Have you ever heard of a pen like that?

I don't know if it's worth repairing, but I will give it an attempt. The nib is tiny, marked "14ct Warranted Quality" and needs to be replaced, the tip is ruined. The silver end cap has "930S" stamped on the clip along with something like a jewlers logo or initials. I can't post picutures yet, I will hopefully be able to add any tomorrow. Any thoughts just from the description?
    Last edited by arrow; April 25th, 2019 at 05:20 PM.