Thread: Skyline Moire: What a beauty

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Default Skyline Moire: What a beauty

From time to time, I was able to score nice pens from local auctions, estate sales, or flea market. Unfortunately that happens at the rate of about once or twice a year

This time, I have to give the credit to my sharp-eyed wife. She forwarded a photo of a fountain pen set from a local auction, and I can't believe my eyes.

After scoring the pen (a story in itself), this is what I see in person (no USPS wait, love local deals):

The set is unbelievably clean. The pencil works, and I just realized how elegant Eversharp mechanical pencils are. I thought the click-down Esterbrook pencil was amazing given their age, but this one is cooler with only the gold button on top acting as the clicking point. Just like a modern mechanical pencil.

And the fountain pen, it's just sublime, I knew these models are not as common and they are very pretty, but seeing one in person, a sample this clean, is a whole different experience.

The nib is interesting as well, it's small, but well adjusted for the ink flow, I never had a railroad or the tip of the feed touching the paper when I wrote in flex mode. And more interestingly, the engraving on the nib is not like the typical Skyline nib which features art-deco lines, this one looks older, like an old WAHL nib, heart shaped breather hole, and it just says EVERSHARP 14K. That's it. Beautiful flex, though! Which makes me even happier.
    Last edited by penwash; April 27th, 2019 at 10:54 AM.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (August 19th, 2020), bill.davis (May 2nd, 2019), controlsfreak (April 27th, 2019), Cyril (March 6th, 2020), fountainpagan (April 27th, 2019), FredRydr (April 28th, 2019), Lady Onogaro (April 27th, 2019), manoeuver (August 18th, 2020), Marsilius (September 2nd, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (February 7th, 2020), Scrawler (February 14th, 2020), VertOlive (April 27th, 2019)