Thread: Diamine shimmer inks, more like Robert Oster shake n shimmy or De Atramentis Pearl?

Thanks

Default Diamine shimmer inks, more like Robert Oster shake n shimmy or De Atramentis Pearl?

Like the title says, are the Diamine Shimmer inks more like Robert Oster Shake N Shimmy or De Atramentis Pearlescents? In my experience anyway, the RO and De Atramentis inks perform completely differently with the RO inks only showing the shimmer if the light hits a thick spot in the ink right where the De Atramentis Pearlescent that I have always shows the shimmer. But the RO ink flows quite well in a couple pens I've tried it in where the De Atramentis gives me flow issues in every pen and nib size up to Lamy B's.

So if anyone has any experience with the Diamine Shimmer inks compared to either of the others I'd really appreciate any comparison or feedback. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Diamine shimmer inks, more like Robert Oster shake n shimmy or De Atramentis Pear

I've had experience with Diamine Shimmer inks but not with Robert Oster Shake N Shimmy inks. I am aware that Diamine Shimmer inks evolve over time and that they are wetter than they used to be when they were first issued. I've tried some of J.Herbin shimmer inks, and found they were less wet.

If you use shimmer inks in a wetter pen with a M or broader nib then you should see the shimmer all of the time. I regularly write with Diamine Razzmatazz in a Jinhao Pearl Windows pen with M nib and can see the shimmer through all of the writing.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

SLM (May 1st, 2019)

Thanks

Default Re: Diamine shimmer inks, more like Robert Oster shake n shimmy or De Atramentis Pear

Thanks for the information Chrissy! I have had no issues with the J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor in pens from a Wing Sung 3003 with EF nib to Lamy B nibs. If the Diamine are as wet or wetter than the J. Herbin shimmer inks I think I'll give them a try. I don't know why I didn't mention those inks in my original post.

I've found the Robert Oster Shake N Shimmy Crystal Marine to flow as well as the J. Herbin in the pens I've tried it in where I have had no success with keeping the DeAtramentis Heliogen Green silver flowing but for a few minutes.

I'll get couple samples of the Diamine ones to try.

Thanks again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SLM For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (May 1st, 2019)