Thread: Where to start with exploring Sailor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: Where to start with exploring Sailor?

There shouldn't be any difference in nibs between the 1911L and PG2 series, or? Don't they use the same nibs?

I think my semi-long goal is the KOP ("standard" ebonite with rhodium trims) and the black luster for now.

If money was no object...I absolutely love this one:

Always had a thing for gold and deep rich blue combination. And I can't help but love the simplicity of design with this pen.
    Last edited by adhoc; May 8th, 2019 at 12:54 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (July 23rd, 2019), ceebert (August 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adhoc View Post
    There shouldn't be any difference in nibs between the 1911L and PG2 series, or? Don't they use the same nibs?
    Yes, the 1911L and PG II use the same nibs, albeit in two-tone on the PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I think my semi-long goal is the KOP ("standard" ebonite with rhodium trims) and the black luster for now.

If money was no object...I absolutely love this one:

Always had a thing for gold and deep rich blue combination. And I can't help but love the simplicity of design with this pen.
    A blue ebonite KOP with a NT nib was sold on these forums a few weeks back and I'm kicking myself for not moving faster to buy it.

Thanks

I had a PG large. I made a mistake and sold it. Bought a PGII Realo to replace it. Hated it. The PGII Realo is a little smaller and wasn't the same writing experience. Also, that new clip is ugly. Sold that one too. My wife has a KOP. I don't find it to be a significantly different or better writing experience over my original PG. It's a little larger, and I tend to like larger diameter sections, but nothing Earth-shattering in the comfort department. The KOP nib is a bit on the springy side while my PG was a hard nib, so that writing experience is different. I can't say I prefer one over the other.

If I buy another Sailor it'll likely be another PG large with the same H-B nib I had in that first one...unless I find a used KOP for the price of a PG.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
    I had a PG large. I made a mistake and sold it. Bought a PGII Realo to replace it. Hated it. The PGII Realo is a little smaller and wasn't the same writing experience.
    ???

The PG II is a larger pen than the PG. Well, technically it’s a longer pen, as girth remains the same as do the barrel and cap, but the finials are longer leading to a longer overall length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Not length, diameter. I think the PGII Realo is slightly smaller in diameter than the regular PG, even if published dimensions state otherwise. Maybe they modified the shape of the section so it's thinner at the minimum diameter. It just didn't feel right in my hand, but the old PG felt good.