Thread: Post-War Sheaffer "Sovereign II" (?) Wire Band Question

Thanks

Default Post-War Sheaffer "Sovereign II" (?) Wire Band Question

What is the standard length of the immediate post-war wire cap line of Sheaffer pens? A relative bought me a green stripe Sheaffer that might be a "Sovereign II" - white dot, wire cap band, triumph nib. It has the post-war type clip like you'd find on a Touchdown pen. But what is striking is how small the pen is - it's 5 inches long. Is that the "standard" length for these immediate post-war, wire band pens? Anyone ever do a guide on these pens?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Post-War Sheaffer "Sovereign II" (?) Wire Band Question

Look at Jim Mamoulides's website "PenGallery" for Sheaffer pens at http://www.penhero.com/PenGalleryMain.htm

Thanks

Default Re: Post-War Sheaffer "Sovereign II" (?) Wire Band Question

Interesting - thanks to both of you. This pen matches the pen above in the picture. I had thought it might be a "short" or a "lady" model at first because it's only 5 inches long. But maybe this is actually the standard size and the lady pen is even shorter with a shortened clip to match. This one has the full-length clip. It looks to me like it might make a nice, compact shirt pocket pen to take to meetings. The pen is a lever filler.