Thread: Omas 75th anniversary Lucens

Thanks

Default Omas 75th anniversary Lucens

I believe they were issued in 2000?

Were the nibs on the blue and black lucens dissimilar?

Thanks

Default Re: Omas 75th anniversary Lucens

I had the 75th Lucens. It is the Simoni 75th pen and pencil set in Lucens and Extra Lucens in black and blue and three cap rings. These had a vintage style nib.

There were several Extra Lucens LEs with Greek Key cap rings. Most of these had reverse masked two tone nibs. Unless it was a later one with an extra flessibile or italic monotone.
    I don't remember one having the 75th engraved nib, but I don't doubt they exist. Omas seemed to use those 75th nibs for several more years on specials.
    Last edited by broadoblique; May 10th, 2019 at 08:45 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to broadoblique For This Useful Post:

Saki (May 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

These were all part of the 75th anniversary and came with certificates identifying them as such.

The ones I saw were the Extra Blue Lucens - 2 tone arrow nib with 3 cap rings (centre one being much thicker than the others)
    Black lucens - one tone nib with "Extra" on it and 3 cap rings of equal width. Weird that it would have "extra" on the nib when it wasn't an extra model.

Feels like Omas threw any nibs they could find on these or maybe there was some method in their madness?

Thanks

The 75th Simoni homage used the vintage style nib engraved with "OMAS", "750" in a diamond, and "EXTRA". Vintage nibs were marked extra regardless of facets.

The wide band is the Greek key. There were several limited editions in the 2000's using the Greek key bands and modern nibs. Most used reverse masked nibs, some regular nibs. Some were editions of 500, some I think 350. Bryant Greer put out an edition in black as late as 2014.

They're all the same old style Paragon size. Facets sold better so most are Extra Lucens. Omas nibs from these years are variable, so you can't really tell how they write until you try that individual pen.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broadoblique For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (November 5th, 2020), Saki (May 12th, 2019)

Thanks

I just Googled omas lucens 75th. There are plenty of pictures of the different editions (including a few of my pens).

That purple that develops on the blue pens is caused by uv exposure. It's best to keep blue lucens ( and celluloid in general) away from a lot of direct sunlight.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to broadoblique For This Useful Post:

Saki (May 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Thanks, broadoblique.
    That clears up the disparity in the nibs.

Excellent tip on the uv exposure - I used to think it was only ebonite that was the vampire!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadoblique View Post
    I just Googled omas lucens 75th. There are plenty of pictures of the different editions (including a few of my pens).

That purple that develops on the blue pens is caused by uv exposure. It's best to keep blue lucens ( and celluloid in general) away from a lot of direct sunlight.
    If it’s the UV that causes the purple shift on the blue, it’d weird that on my pen it’s only the section that’s turned color. It’s usually capped and the part that is least likely to be exposed to UV.
    Last edited by Kudzu; August 1st, 2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Trying to attach photo
    "I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Thanks

Photo I tried to attach before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadoblique View Post
    I had the 75th Lucens. It is the Simoni 75th pen and pencil set in Lucens and Extra Lucens in black and blue and three cap rings. These had a vintage style nib.

There were several Extra Lucens LEs with Greek Key cap rings. Most of these had reverse masked two tone nibs. Unless it was a later one with an extra flessibile or italic monotone.
    I don't remember one having the 75th engraved nib, but I don't doubt they exist. Omas seemed to use those 75th nibs for several more years on specials.
    I'm jumping into this thread way late! Might be no one is still interested. But, since it was used by another collector (in a private conversation) to make a point we both subsequently agreed was incorrect, I thought it a good idea to set the record straight.

Yes, the Blue & Black celluloid utilized by Omas in their "modern" Lucens & Extra Lucens of the 1996 - 2013 period of time were used and reused in several "limited edition" releases. And, yes, the configuration of the trim did sometimes differ from release to release. In this regard, my colleague and I have agreed since it confused us, perhaps the description of the 75th Anniversary Lucens / Extra Lucens above would benefit from some clarification.

In the 75th Anniversary releases, the all the Extra Lucens pens (Black & Blue celluloid) had the Greek Key on the cap band whereas all the the Lucens pens (Black & Blue celluloid) had the three thin cap rings. The LE number appears on the cap and neither pen was issued with the 75th Anniversary nib.

Note, this refers only to the 75th Anniversary pens. Releases from other years have different configurations.

Actually, the other collector and I are now in the process of trying to collate the information on the other releases of these Black & Blue "modern" Lucens & Extra Lucens pens as well as the distinguishing features of those series. Anyone who would like to chime in to add some of this type of information would be welcomed to do so.

Thanks

Photgraphic Addendum
    OMAS75THANN1.jpgOMAS75THANN2.jpg

Fred

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Photgraphic Addendum
    OMAS75THANN1.jpgOMAS75THANN2.jpg

Fred
    Many thanks for providing this important photo of the "full" Omaggio Ad Armando Simoni 75th Anniversary Set Fred.

My understanding is there were 150 numbered, limited edition sets of these 11 pieces (7 FPs & 4 MPs).

With regard to Lucens & Extra Lucens of the 75th Anniversary releases:
    It is my understanding that there were 500 matching numbered, limited edition sets in each of the two celluloid colors (Black & Blue) of both the Lucens & Extra Lucens FPs & MPs
    And, in addition 500 of each of the two celluloid colors (Black & Blue) as numbered, limited edition Lucens and Extra Lucens FPs

If anyone has any additional information or believes anything I have cited to be incorrect, please feel free to jump into the thread.
    Last edited by 724Seney; November 4th, 2020 at 08:32 PM.