Thread: It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Let me begin by saying that I know I was not supposed to do this. I did it anyway.

I had some Akkerman #10 ink in my Pilot 823. That was fine although maybe too dry. I finished that and wanted to put something else in next. I did not feel like cleaning the pen so I just filled it with something else even thought there were Akkerman remnants. I filled it with 3Oysters Giwa and everything was great until...

...the next day.

Less than 24 hours later, I went and tried to write with the 823 and nothing happened. Only little streaks came out, as if it had run out of ink entirely. I could see that the feed was full but still nothing was happening. I ran my finger across the obviously full feed but it was dry! The ink had practically solidified.

I was able to free the piston and expel the ink in the barrel; it was the consistency of syrup! Fortunately I was able to clean the pen completely with water but oh the stuff that came out of it! Ugh. It was like coagulated deep black/green blood.

Do not let Akkerman #10 and 3Oysters Giwa mix! A near disaster it was.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mungmul For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 10th, 2019), calamus (May 10th, 2019), Chemyst (May 11th, 2019), Chrissy (May 11th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 10th, 2019), Gobblecup (July 13th, 2019)