Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Vintage Montblanc Website

Thanks

Default Re: New Vintage Montblanc Website

This week I revisited our article about Montblanc's 432 and 422 stylographic pens. I have added much more history and pictures, thanks to the wonderfully generous experts and collectors in our community!

Link -> https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com...iber-inkpencil

If you have examples of these pens and are willing to share pictures then I would be happy to add them to the article. The more examples we have the more we learn about these pens.

Enjoy!
    My vintage Montblanc website --> www.vintagemontblancpens.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zisi For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (February 27th, 2024), catbert (February 12th, 2024)

Thanks

I spent hours on this site! And will gladly spend hours more!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

What Bisquitlips said.

I could be mistaken, but it always seems to me that the Danish/Spanish/etc... models aren't as desirable; or are of a lesser pedigree. My opinion is quite the opposite. I love the not-just-black pens, and your site is one of the few that does a great job sharing them. Your eclectic approach to collecting is admirable.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
    I spent hours on this site! And will gladly spend hours more!
    Thank you for the encouragement! I am glad you find the website useful. I hope to update/enhance all the articles through this year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    What Bisquitlips said.

I could be mistaken, but it always seems to me that the Danish/Spanish/etc... models aren't as desirable; or are of a lesser pedigree. My opinion is quite the opposite. I love the not-just-black pens, and your site is one of the few that does a great job sharing them. Your eclectic approach to collecting is admirable.
    Thank you! It is a bit difficult to compare MBs manufactured across regions with each other because their price points and designs were quite different for the most part. Some models were unique to countries, for example the faceted coloured 25 from Denmark. This is a high value pen, even though its not very large. A simple Danish button filler in coral red will cost more than its equivalent tier model made in Germany. Similarly, a small but colourful button filler from Spain will be far more expensive than its equivalent tier button filler from Germany. And at the higher end, look at the Spanish Chevrons. Again, quite high value in good condition, and only made in Spain. So, it depends. But you do have a point. Models like the No. 12, 45, 108, 139, 129, etc. which were topmost tier were designed and manufactured first in Germany and so I guess there would naturally be a perception of higher pedigree from pens that came from the source/German stable.

But, I agree with you, the Danish and Spanish pens are absolutely beautiful!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zisi For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (February 27th, 2024), dneal (March 2nd, 2024)

Thanks

Next, I will be updating our article about old MB eyedroppers. If you own an example of a Montblanc eyedropper and are willing to share pictures for the article then please drop me a line. As always, I will give you credit under the pictures (or state that the pen belongs to an anonymous collector if you prefer). Thanks!