Thread: Wahl Eversharp Decoband Oversize Demonstrator (New Generation)

Thanks

Default Wahl Eversharp Decoband Oversize Demonstrator (New) PRICE DROP! To 875$

Hey guys, I am proud to post this holy grail of mine, the decoband demonstrator up for sale. I just bought this in January, but have changing finances that I want to focus on for a while, so here we are. This is a long read, but the descriptions are specific and the terms and price are fair, so read on

This pen is unique, even for a demonstrator in a few regards...
    1. It has of course the gold superflex nib 18k that sits at the front, but this nib has been ground to a cursive italic to allow the writer to create line variation through both flexing and drawing more ink into the nib, but also through the manner in which an italic pen has a constant broad vertical stroke and thin horizontal stroke. The reason this is not redundant is because one may not want to be creating constant inflection through flexing for everything he writes, like taking notes during class for instance. Flexing is an art, and requires much more concentration than letting the pens contours do half the work. The grind is crisp, smooth, and has some feedback. It is NOT buttery smooth, and does flex, but I am not one to stretch a nib's springback range unless I really have to. Feel out the flat contact edge and let it guide how you rotate your hand as you write, you will feel a sweetspot emerge that you can use as a benchmark to know how to angle and guide your hand.

2. Next, the pen has a red urushi feed that helps smoothen flow when flexing.

3. Lastly, the feed in this pen is different than other decobands of this generation in the size of its ink channel, which was chosen to be substantially narrower by Syd himself, the reason for which is that it helps prevent the juggernaut flow of the superflex nib otherwise, which is useful for large lettering when flexing, but can be problematic in more practical situations where you want flair, but don't have reams of paper to spend.

4. I am including the piano black lacquer luxury case that holds significant presentation value itself, which is very large, imposing, yet exudes finesse out the whazzoo, I gotta say.

5. I am also including a never opened bottle of the in house ink at Wahl : Wahlberry. Not sure what color it actually is lol

***I am listing this demonstrator for $875, including shipping through the CONUS, with a 3 day guarantee where you can choose to return the pen if you are dissatisfied because the item is not as expressed in this listing according to reasonable interpretation, which i won't be unfair about. I am open to reasonable offers, so long as they are truly reasonable given what the pen is. Please dont pm me with an offer for 300$ or something; thats not cool. The pre shipment pen registration and inspection card have been included as well.I think given that these demonstrators are not made anymore, and that the grind expands the pens "flair with practicality" factor, the price is a steal for a holy grail pen. NOW the moment you all have been waiting for, some pics of the elusive wahl decoband demonstrator and writing samples. enjoy!

IMG_20190513_125258.jpgIMG_20190513_124838__01.jpgIMG_20190513_124848__01.jpgIMG_20190513_124828__01.jpgIMG_20190513_125516.jpgIMG_20190513_125624.jpgIMG_20190513_125716.jpgIMG_20190513_125732.jpgIMG_20190513_125748.jpgIMG_20190513_125154.jpg
    Last edited by sb575; June 9th, 2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Price Drop to 875

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sb575 For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (December 6th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Wahl Eversharp Decoband Oversize Demonstrator (New Generation)

Amazing pen!

Thanks

guys I am really proud of this pen, and sad that there is no interest in this holy grail, so if there are any offers out there that are not insulting, ie under 950-1000, please please pm me or let me know how I can help you decide. Thanks for looking. I will even include a money back guarantee for the first 14 days for any reason at all. thank you. I am not here to steal a large sum of money and disappear. Cheers

Thanks

Guys this is a huge price drop to 875.please someone respond.

Thanks

I will consider 750.

Thanks

That is a really more than good price for that pen. If it were within my reach I could not doubt!

Thanks

Lovely!

Thanks

Is this still for sale? PM me if so please!

Thanks

Default Re: Wahl Eversharp Decoband Oversize Demonstrator (New) PRICE DROP! To 875$

I know this is a old thread but wondering if you sold this?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk