Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta (Not the Airline)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Default Delta (Not the Airline)

I didn't see a thread for Delta so I am creating one. This arrived today and I am looking forward to inking up and seeing how it does. This is the new Fusion 82 and I got the stub nib. I am not wild about the black and crystal quasi-demonstrator styling, and it's lighter than I like, but I got a staggeringly good price, appreciate Delta quality, and am very intrigued with this nib and the technology. I wonder why they made so few?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 30th, 2013), cedargirl (May 30th, 2013), Cob (January 6th, 2015), earthdawn (May 31st, 2013), john (May 30th, 2013), klpeabody (June 1st, 2013), penultress (July 3rd, 2013), ThriveToScribe (August 11th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: Delta (Not the Airline)

Oh yea... beautiful!!!

I have a Delta Fusion 82 LE in Brown from Pen Time... Love the stub nib. Plus I can swap it between my Delta Dolce Vita

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 30th, 2013), cedargirl (May 30th, 2013), john (May 30th, 2013), klpeabody (June 1st, 2013), Tracy Lee (May 30th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

TracyLee congratulations on the new Delta. I quite like the look it is better than the yellow/clear I saw recently. Sort of like having dried up ink stuck inside the barrel and cap.
    Nice stubby looking nib - duh I suppose that is what the S is for. It is a cartridge filler by the looks of it.

Earthdawn your Delta Fusion 82 LE in Brown is very pretty. A luscious pearlised caramel.

Thanks for showing off tempting examples of yet other Italian brand.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (May 31st, 2013)

Thanks

I have a Dolce Vita oversize, interesting factoid about the nib. I may need to look at that. The only photo I have of my Dolce Vita right now is . . .

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

auto winder (October 22nd, 2013), Bogon07 (May 30th, 2013), Cob (January 6th, 2015), earthdawn (May 30th, 2013), john (May 30th, 2013), klpeabody (June 1st, 2013), Lady Onogaro (March 14th, 2014), snedwos (May 31st, 2013), ThriveToScribe (August 11th, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    I didn't see a thread for Delta so I am creating one. This arrived today and I am looking forward to inking up and seeing how it does. This is the new Fusion 82 and I got the stub nib. I am not wild about the black and crystal quasi-demonstrator styling, and it's lighter than I like, but I got a staggeringly good price, appreciate Delta quality, and am very intrigued with this nib and the technology. I wonder why they made so few?

Oh my god, you pick my secret love, Tracy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to john For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (May 31st, 2013)

Thanks

I have a Dolce Vita oversize, interesting factoid about the nib. I may need to look at that. The only photo I have of my Dolce Vita right now is . . .

May I adopt your kitty, let my puppy has a companion What a lovely Dolce Vita.
    Last edited by john; May 30th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

I have to point out that your new pen goes nicely with your beautiful cat.

I look forward to hearing about this pen. Delta pens look great, though I'm partial to the Dolce Vita.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 30th, 2013), Tracy Lee (May 31st, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Where did you buy yours from? If you got it from Bryant at PenTime then that would explain it. It's kind of his "deal" to create exclusive, limited pieces.

••• Sent from my mobile. Please excuse my brevity. •••
    Last edited by dannzeman; May 31st, 2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Where did you buy yours from? If you got it from Bryant at PenTime then that would explain it. It's kind of his "deal" to create exclusive, limited pieces.

EBay, from Italian Pens. I have bought from them before and happy with the result. This auction closed under $100! Maybe because of the Stub? I was shocked. My highest bid was set at half of MSRP. I was delighted. I have purchased from Bryant before, too, and highly recommend him as well.
    Last edited by dannzeman; May 31st, 2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Thanks

May I adopt your kitty, let my puppy has a companion What a lovely Dolce Vita.
    Thank you, and funny you should say that! Spot is a unique cat, and we actually rescued a fourth cat because I felt like he needed a pet. He tried so hard to be friends with our dog ( rest her soul, we miss her) but she was too old and had no patience for the attempts at affection. But he was fantastic with the new kitten and it has worked out beautifully.
    Last edited by dannzeman; May 31st, 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    I have to point out that your new pen goes nicely with your beautiful cat.

I look forward to hearing about this pen. Delta pens look great, though I'm partial to the Dolce Vita.
    Oh I agree. I have had my Dolce Vita for 5 years and I love it. I was lost when I needed the nib repaired but they worked fast and now it is even better than before. Plus, it's an eyedropper and once I finally understood what that meant and gave it a try (last weekend) I fell in love just a little bit more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

EBay, from Italian Pens. I have bought from them before and happy with the result. This auction closed under $100! Maybe because of the Stub? I was shocked. My highest bid was set at half of MSRP. I was delighted. I have purchased from Bryant before, too, and highly recommend him as well.
    Wow, that's a shockingly good price! Congrats! I've always enjoyed Delta's factory stubs, excellent writers!

Thanks

Wow, that's a shockingly good price! Congrats! I've always enjoyed Delta's factory stubs, excellent writers!
    I noticed several others up for auction right after (from the same place) and they started bidding at $199.

Thanks

Why I can't find this Delta fusion demo is under $100 $199 is the starting bid from Italian pen

Thanks

Awesome deal... You have to follow his listings.. sometime they are high starting $ and some at $1 ...

You can score some wicked deals. Bryant @ Pentime is on ebay as well and will sometimes let things go really cheap or at least to the true highest bidder.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (June 2nd, 2013), Tracy Lee (May 31st, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Why I can't find this Delta fusion demo is under $100 $199 is the starting bid from Italian pen
    John, I saw one that is not black and white but another color scheme, and bidding began at $1. I just happened to see it come up on my saved searches. Have faith!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earthdawn View Post
    Awesome deal... You have to follow his listings.. sometime they are high starting $ and some at $1 ...

You can score some wicked deals. Bryant @ Pentime is on ebay as well and will sometimes let things go really cheap or at least to the true highest bidder.
    I bought the Opera club from Bryant which is very good price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    John, I saw one that is not black and white but another color scheme, and bidding began at $1. I just happened to see it come up on my saved searches. Have faith!
    I should search carefully.

Thanks

Tracy, can this Fusion demo be converted into an eyedropper? I like the ink flows inside the barrel .

Thanks

@ John: They are plastic on plastic threading with no metal internals, so converting these to eyedroppers is no problem. A little silicone greese around the theads to seal it up does the trick.

The thing to be careful with is ink stains... especially with a clear one. I know Stephen Brown converted his Delta Dolce Vita to an eye-dropper and the bright orange marble pattern was darker due to the ink inside. So while it works, great caution should used when doing this.

Best example I can think of would be using Noodlers Bay State Blue... now that would be a mistake as it would certainly stain... and stain on a permanent level.

Edit: I will say this as well. If you feel the pen is too light doing this will add some weight as it will hold a lot of ink lol.
    Last edited by earthdawn; May 31st, 2013 at 09:33 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

john (June 1st, 2013), Tracy Lee (June 1st, 2013)