Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Default Re: Delta (Not the Airline)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Ooohhhh...sweet. Is it a bright green in person?
    Not really, it is more of a khaki colour than green & has larger areas of pearlescence so it appears paler than the seller's photo.

Mtnbiker62 - yes it only came with a cartridge. It won't take a Monteverde converter due to the screw thread.I may try the Serena converter later to see if it fits. s.
    Can you post a pic? Sounds very different than the sellers pic. Such a sleek pen...has grabbed my attention. Would love to see a pic of yours.
    Here it is at work today. The iPhone & fluro lights seem to intensity the greeness.
    Capped 126mm, posted 147mm, barrel end to nib tip 113mm.
    There is a small "brass ?" cylinder inside the end of the barrel which you can just make out as a tan/brown blur in the photo.
    Love it. The pen looks better in your pic. Great green color. Your pen is going on my future buy list. Thanks for posting.
    They come in a range of colours white, amber, acid green, green, blue, red & black with steel or fusion(gold/steel nibs)
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-...item234826896b
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-...item259c95f3c1
    But don't pay extra for the Fusion. It is a steel nib with a small gold decorative piece glued on top. Any "fusion" that might could happen is pretty silly considering the glue and considering, well, actual properties of metal. At least according to my personal investigations. And they tend to come unglued. Literally. Just my two cents and experience, don't wanna slander anyone. And in the U.S. Delta customer service is awful (lots of personal experience on this) chances are very good you'll be charged full price for a repair. Stick with steel - and this pen really is a stunner!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Ooohhhh...sweet. Is it a bright green in person?
    Not really, it is more of a khaki colour than green & has larger areas of pearlescence so it appears paler than the seller's photo.

Mtnbiker62 - yes it only came with a cartridge. It won't take a Monteverde converter due to the screw thread.I may try the Serena converter later to see if it fits. s.
    Can you post a pic? Sounds very different than the sellers pic. Such a sleek pen...has grabbed my attention. Would love to see a pic of yours.
    Here it is at work today. The iPhone & fluro lights seem to intensity the greeness.
    Capped 126mm, posted 147mm, barrel end to nib tip 113mm.
    There is a small "brass ?" cylinder inside the end of the barrel which you can just make out as a tan/brown blur in the photo.
    Love it. The pen looks better in your pic. Great green color. Your pen is going on my future buy list. Thanks for posting.
    They come in a range of colours white, amber, acid green, green, blue, red & black with steel or fusion(gold/steel nibs)
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-...item234826896b
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-...item259c95f3c1
    But don't pay extra for the Fusion. It is a steel nib with a small gold decorative piece glued on top. Any "fusion" that might could happen is pretty silly considering the glue and considering, well, actual properties of metal. At least according to my personal investigations. And they tend to come unglued. Literally. Just my two cents and experience, don't wanna slander anyone. And in the U.S. Delta customer service is awful (lots of personal experience on this) chances are very good you'll be charged full price for a repair. Stick with steel - and this pen really is a stunner!
    Tracy lee. Thank you for pointing this out. Saying that they have glued a piece of gold to a piece of steel, is not slander; its fact. Also, this pairing of metals does absolutely nothing to improve its writing. I have to chuckle when I see the occasional reviewer say how awesome the fusion nib is.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Glue a nib? Huh? Not welded together? That's weird. I'll be avoiding that fusion nib.

Banned
    Thanks

That's a smart move. Gluing a piece of gold to a piece of steel and calling it a fusion nib is,,, probably just an honest mistake.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Yep, fellow FPGer Murfie had one of his gold Fusion shields/plates come off and said it was held on by a thick blob of glue.
    The gold and steel are not in direct contact which makes you suspicious of the thermal properties Delta claims for the Fusion nib.

The Fusion nib looks rather snazzy but you are paying atleast an extra $50USD for it.
    If you have an extremely vivid imagination you may be able convince yourself the Fusion nibs are very marginally smoother than the standard Delta steel ones - I think they could be polished/finished a tiny bit more care.
    I have a Fusion stub which is great & better than the Delta gold stub I have....these are the only two Delta stubs I have so take that with a grain of salt.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Neo (January 6th, 2015)

Banned
    Thanks

Now I'm really confused because Dan has spoken very highly of the fusion nib.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

My new Oro has the fusion nib. After reading about it here, I figured they weren't well received, and that is why my price was so low. I took a chance and so far, so good. It feels the same as my Dolce Vita with the steel nib.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

I have a fusion stub nib. It's very smooth and is a fantastic writer with a good bit of line variation. But I don't buy the hype from Delta and am wary of the little gold tab eventually falling off. I wouldn't buy another one, but, at least so far, I don't begrudge the one I do have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reprieve For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (January 7th, 2015)

Thanks

A selection of Delta nibs
    Papillion - 14K M
    Vintage - steel B
    Fusian82 - fusion 18K B
    Serena - steel F
    DolceVita - 14K F or M (I can't remember)

The first two pens have smaller nibs and the Vintage is also offered with a Fusion nib.
    The vendor photos seem to indicate it could be the bigger nib like the Fusion82's. In fact they both have very similar grip sections with only a slight difference in the curvature of the flair/rim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bogon07; January 7th, 2015 at 04:28 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 7th, 2015), Tracy Lee (January 7th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    I have a fusion stub nib. It's very smooth and is a fantastic writer with a good bit of line variation. But I don't buy the hype from Delta and am wary of the little gold tab eventually falling off. I wouldn't buy another one, but, at least so far, I don't begrudge the one I do have.
    I feel the same way. It's a good steel nib.

Thanks

Papillion - 14K M
    Vintage - steel B
    Fusian82 - fusion 18K B
    Serena - steel F

The first two pens have smaller nibs and the Vintage is also offered with a Fusion nib.
    The vendor photos seem to indicate it could be the bigger nib like the Fusion82's. In fact they both have very similar grip sections with only a slight difference in the curvature of the flair/rim.
    Love how fat the Dolce Vita is. I LOVE these pens. Mine has an 18k nib that is fantastic and I bought a second one (nib) last year just in case. They don't make it anymore.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Papillion - 14K M
    Vintage - steel B
    Fusian82 - fusion 18K B
    Serena - steel F

Love how fat the Dolce Vita is. I LOVE these pens. Mine has an 18k nib that is fantastic and I bought a second one (nib) last year just in case. They don't make it anymore.
    But seeing it next to the other Deltas make me think it could use a slightly larger nib more in proportion to the pen.

Thanks

I think the nib on my oversized DolceVita is an 8. Look at it compared to the Visconti Florentine Hills, for example. Like a giant!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

I have to say, I really do love the Dolce Vita but have held back from buying one because I can't decided on the oro or the orig. (PS. just love the cap closure system on the Visconti HS)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youstruckgold View Post
    I have to say, I really do love the Dolce Vita but have held back from buying one because I can't decided on the oro or the orig. (PS. just love the cap closure system on the Visconti HS)
    The both of them seem so right together sitting side by side on my journal.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

21. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (January 9th, 2015)

Thanks

So.. It is only a few days I got this Delta The Journal Tech&Web in Marbled Gray and B nib, and it is already reached my Top 5.

Even though the nib is steel, it is smooth, wet just enough, and not drying out on me even after uncapped for few minutes.
    What is puzzling me, is the fact I don't find anything about this specific version anywhere. When I look at the Delta website I can find The Journal only when the site is in Italian, and even than the Clip is different and there is no mention for Tech&Web.

Notice above the Delta logo on the back of the cap it says Tech&Web (sorry for the poor macro), and on the version showed on the Delta website it says The Journal.
    Also, the clip is different. On the Delta website it is more classic with ball at the edge of the clip, and the Tech&Web has a more clean modern styling.

On the nib it says The Journal, just like on the website.. And the packaging is the same.
    Does anyone knows and can share a light on what is the Tech&Web theme?!
    ✖ Ilan Gai ✒ An Addict ✖

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilangai For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (March 7th, 2015), Crazyorange (March 6th, 2015), Tracy Lee (March 6th, 2015)

Thanks

OK, found it.. Just a special release for the italian store MarteModena.
    ✖ Ilan Gai ✒ An Addict ✖

Thanks

I have finally decided and loving the outcome!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to youstruckgold For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (March 7th, 2015), Crazyorange (March 6th, 2015), Tracy Lee (March 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Bought a Unica a month or so back and like it.

I'd like to try another offering from Delta, any recommendations ? Will probably be another steel nibbed pen, and be in the price range of the Virtuosa, Capri Night/Day and the above Journal Tech/Web.

Thanks

I picked up "The Journal Tech and Web" and It's a really nice pen. Nib is very smooth and wet. The acrylic on the version I have (red and green) is lovely, and reminds me of a vintage Mabie Todd Swan I have.

The hidden converter is a bit pointless though. There's no ink window, so I'm unscrewing the barrel to look at the converter when filling and to check ink level.