Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Thanks

Default Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Thank you for the comment. I stand corrected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gloucesterman-18 For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 27th, 2019)

Thanks

Thank you for a very interesting read......
    Nothing in this post constitutes legal advice..this is is free..advise..you have to pay for......
    Fred
    "The bullets were above me and sharks were below me." ~ Mike Nelson

Thanks

Oh boy. I'm sure people are wondering where I've been through all this. As I told u/Kudzu through email the last time we spoke: I would not be online again until the 27th when I got home. Coincidentally, the thread was created a few hours after I told her that. I did not have service where I was, and it took 3.5-4hr roundtrips to town and back to get access to wifi. A trip I had undertaken multiple times over the past few days. There was no other way for me to access and provide the information u/Kudzu demanded/requested. I did end up subscribing to satellite internet to maintain communication in the event something urgent came up, but it was too slow for anything other than using and accessing my email.

I've skimmed through the thread and there's a ton of responses/information to sort through. It seems multiple conclusions have been reached while lacking complete details surrounding the situation and what I would consider misleading information. I suppose the nature of this thread inevitably means certain conclusions will be drawn. I just think it's important to have accurate and complete data/facts for that to occur - especially in situations like this. As such, my only reason or purpose for responding is to provide accurate facts and complete information where missing.

While troublesome having this posting while I was away - good thing is I can address everything that's been layed out in one go. With the amount of stuff/posts I have to read through and/or respond to; it will take some time for me to organize a response and type it all out. Since I just got back a few hours ago and I'm too tired to deal with that right now, I will sort it out tomorrow. Just felt I should say/post something after seeing this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjm5812 View Post
    Oh boy. I'm sure people are wondering where I've been through all this. As I told u/Kudzu through email the last time we spoke: I would not be online again until the 27th when I got home. Coincidentally, the thread was created a few hours after I told her that. I did not have service where I was, and it took 3.5-4hr roundtrips to town and back to get access to wifi. A trip I had undertaken multiple times over the past few days. There was no other way for me to access and provide the information u/Kudzu demanded/requested. I did end up subscribing to satellite internet to maintain communication in the event something urgent came up, but it was too slow for anything other than using and accessing my email.

I've skimmed through the thread and there's a ton of responses/information to sort through. It seems multiple conclusions have been reached while lacking complete details surrounding the situation and what I would consider misleading information. I suppose the nature of this thread inevitably means certain conclusions will be drawn. I just think it's important to have accurate and complete data/facts for that to occur - especially in situations like this. As such, my only reason or purpose for responding is to provide accurate facts and complete information where missing.

While troublesome having this posting while I was away - good thing is I can address everything that's been layed out in one go. With the amount of stuff/posts I have to read through and/or respond to; it will take some time for me to organize a response and type it all out. Since I just got back a few hours ago and I'm too tired to deal with that right now, I will sort it out tomorrow. Just felt I should say/post something after seeing this.
    I hope you also received my email this evening demanding my money back along with a statement of facts I plan to take to the PO with me tomorrow to charge you with mail fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kudzu For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bisquitlips (June 3rd, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 28th, 2019), Brilliant Bill (May 28th, 2019), CeeElle (May 29th, 2019), Chrissy (May 28th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), ethernautrix (May 28th, 2019), Flounder (May 28th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 28th, 2019), jbb (May 28th, 2019), jccjr (May 28th, 2019), Kazoomi (June 12th, 2019), mhosea (May 31st, 2019), oldstoat (May 28th, 2019), rubendh (May 28th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (May 28th, 2019), silverlifter (May 28th, 2019), sospiro (May 29th, 2019), Tambone (May 29th, 2019)

Thanks

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (May 28th, 2019), countrydirt (May 28th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 28th, 2019), taylorwfu (May 28th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mulrich View Post
    LOL

Thanks

You accepted $850 on May 11 from Kudzu and still had not given her a tracking number as of May 23, even though you said you would ship out the pen May 12. You’re complaining that she posted this thread after you told her you wouldn’t be able to go online, but what stopped you from shipping the pen in the 12 days before this trip? What explanation is there for other people who have said they paid for the same pen? You said you would explain all of this, that you want us to have all the facts. That was two days ago. This kind of delay and obfuscation is frustrating, and when you’ve accepted nearly $850 in payment for something not delivered — it’s unacceptable.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambone For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (May 30th, 2019), Kudzu (May 29th, 2019)

Thanks

I will sort it out tomorrow. Just felt I should say/post something after seeing this.
    Time is running out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    I will sort it out tomorrow. Just felt I should say/post something after seeing this.
    Time is running out.
    I am not feeling entertained

Thanks

FROM TAMBONE: "You accepted $850 on May 11 from Kudzu and still had not given her a tracking number as of May 23, even though you said you would ship out the pen May 12. You’re complaining that she posted this thread after you told her you wouldn’t be able to go online, but what stopped you from shipping the pen in the 12 days before this trip? What explanation is there for other people who have said they paid for the same pen? You said you would explain all of this, that you want us to have all the facts. That was two days ago. This kind of delay and obfuscation is frustrating, and when you’ve accepted nearly $850 in payment for something not delivered — it’s unacceptable."

Let me first say that I agree with you 100%.
    But, what can he say other than "I plead the 5th?"

This has been an incredible thread. A couple of our well intentioned members tried very hard to shut the thread down early on. But, fortunately Kudzu had the good sense to not listen to them. Now, in 6 days, this thread has been viewed 8,850 times and it has had 190 replies. So, to one in particular of those members who early on tried very hard to bully Kudzu into not reporting the facts as they unfolded I say.....that's a lot of sock puppets, pal!!

The fact is that had Kudzu not put this all out in the open but instead had taken the misdirected advice she was offered, the unopened package would probably now be on its way back to jjm5812 and he would have been successful in pulling off his scam. Kudzu would have had no hope of recovering her $850 and we would now be subjected to his smarmy, righteous protestations of innocence not to mention his embedded character assassinations of Kudzu. Instead, Kudzu got him dead to rights on mail fraud and hopefully she will both press charges and get her money.

There is nothing jjm5812 can say which will explain away all of the very well documented facts which were shared with us. My guess, which is based on some my own personal experiences with USPS "investigations," is had Kudzu simply backed off and not gone to find "her" package none of this would have been fleshed out by the USPS's investigation.

So to Kudzu I say Bravo!! Job well done. And, ironically, I am now in agreement with "best say nothing" advice which some offered to Kudzu. But, it is to jjm5812 that this advice is directed. Take the 5th, pay the fine and don't ever darken our FPG doors ever again. FPG members may sometimes disagree (passionately) with one another. But we don't prey on one another. Don't ever come around here again. Not as jjm5812, Jason Mei, J.M, pen2find........ or anybody else!

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

bebox (May 30th, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 3rd, 2019), Brilliant Bill (May 30th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 30th, 2019), jbb (May 30th, 2019), jccjr (June 1st, 2019), Kazoomi (June 12th, 2019), Kudzu (May 29th, 2019), NibsForScript (May 30th, 2019), rubendh (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katerchen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Time is running out.
    I am not feeling entertained
    It’s not supposed to be entertaining. It is supposed to be a remainder.

Thanks

I will sort it out tomorrow.
    *checks timestamp. looks at date*

*crickets*

Adds this one to the list of lies...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

mhosea (May 31st, 2019), rubendh (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu View Post

Is there anyone else here who has frequented some of the fountain pen Facebook groups enough to find the "Ray C" on the alleged decoy package to be more than a little suspicious, given the similarity between this situation and that of another well-known alleged scammer?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wade For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Cool Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Is there anyone else here who has frequented some of the fountain pen Facebook groups enough to find the "Ray C" on the alleged decoy package to be more than a little suspicious, given the similarity between this situation and that of another well-known alleged scammer?
    ethernautrix mentioned it briefly earlier in this thread; could do with further investigation, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    ... even more interesting is the that Ray C. in Auburn has come up in this case. I'm assuming (making us all asses, potentially) that this is the controversial Ray Cornett from a year ago or two (I don't remember time frames - it feels recent, a year maybe). I'm not at all insinuating collusion. It's possible and plausible that Ray Cornett (of the Sacramento area, with the reputation of trading pens but not actually sending his part of the trade along) has bought pens from Jason Mei. Also, could be a completely different Ray C.
    I just find it interesting.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 30th, 2019), rubendh (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Dear Mr JJ,

the simple fact you need to go throu the all thread in order to respond to anyone wiith the adequat "fact" says a lot.

The time you took to explain you were on trip, which shouldn't have prevent you from sending the package, and the subsequent tracking number, as Tambone so very well made you notice, would have been better used to explain your "reality" of the situation. Someone who has nothing to be reproached of would have done so... ergo, I gather your "reality" is going to be made by "well thought responses", in order to try, and make believe you are not a mischiveous person.

I believe you have a lot of pondering to do, and persuation talent for us all to believe you,, on those responses you are supposedly going to give.

Ugly way of winning some money!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

As such, my only reason or purpose for responding is to provide accurate facts and complete information where missing.
    For my own purposes, accurate facts and complete information would include (but may not be restricted to) Did you ever have an Omas Arco Green FP to sell for $850? Did "Kudzu" pay for it, first by PayPal, before you refunded her, and then by payment through GooglePay? Did you send that specific Omas Arco Green FP to her confirmed mailing address at Oak Street CA 95603? If so, when did you send it and when was it delivered? Please may we see a copy of the tracking and delivery information? Did you also sell and send a Pentel RB to someone else called "Ray C" at Orr Street with the same zip code? If so, did you alter the address on that package from Oak St. to Orr St?
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 30th, 2019 at 10:20 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (May 30th, 2019), azkid (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

I've had dealings with scammers, compulsive liars, narcissists, and more. The ability to smell that stink from a mile away came at a cost, to be sure.

Further explanation doesn't matter at this point. It is obvious what we are looking at.

In absence of an immediate refund, the victim's time is better spent researching and pursuing whatever recourse is available.

To that end, and in hopes it is helpful...

Title 18 of the U. S. Code (18 U.S.C. § 1341) provides:

"Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises...

... for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the*Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier,*or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."

So if it were me, I would be researching federal felony mail fraud charges and I would be tracking down other victims and enlist their help and obtain their evidence to present to USPS so an investigation leading to prosecution could be initiated.

The forum needs to prohibit sellers with less than a hundred posts, and needs a sticky post to warn against and provide tips for avoiding scammers. And if the owner doesn't have time for that, maybe they ought to let go and turn the forum over to someone who has time and cares.

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 3rd, 2019), Chrissy (May 30th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), DavidtheGnome (May 30th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 30th, 2019), fountainpenkid (May 30th, 2019), gloucesterman-18 (May 30th, 2019), Kazoomi (June 12th, 2019), mulrich (May 30th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (May 30th, 2019), SIR (May 30th, 2019), Susan314109 (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks

What a superb community of people to be part of.

I have read this entire thread and found the contributors to be truly amazing as a community. Somehow, almost 9,000 views of this thread is a bit mind boggling.

Bravo to all those contributors who help keep us informed and, wishfully, safer.

And thank you to "Kudzu" for your courage and tenacity in this situation.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gloucesterman-18 For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 3rd, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 30th, 2019), jccjr (June 1st, 2019), Kazoomi (June 12th, 2019), Kudzu (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks

I just created my account on FPG since I see it referenced on Reddit and YouTube videos a lot. I guess I start posting to possibly meet the posting requirements to sell if that rule gets implemented. I just wanted to chime in that I hope OP does file charges and the scammer gets hit with a felony charge, won't be able to use his "hunting" excuse anymore after that. Not that criminals will adhere to laws. Hoping that you have a good outcome filing your case Kudzu, please update with the outcome when everything is finally said and done.

Thanks

Cool Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywithoutbrain View Post
    I hope OP does file charges and the scammer gets hit with a felony
    Absolutely right --- the generally good intentioned and well behaved populus of the internet has long suffered and been persecuted for the the behaviour of a few dastardly interlopers!

wow, that tomato juice (+ stolichnaya) is strong!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (May 30th, 2019)