Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Thanks

Default Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywithoutbrain View Post
    I hope OP does file charges and the scammer gets hit with a felony
    Absolutely right --- the generally good intentioned and well behaved populus of the internet has long suffered and been persecuted for the the behaviour of a few dastardly interlopers!

wow, that tomato juice (+ stolichnaya) is strong!
    I'll drink to that... but not that much :-))

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gloucesterman-18 For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm5812 View Post
    Oh boy. I'm sure people are wondering where I've been through all this. As I told u/Kudzu through email the last time we spoke: I would not be online again until the 27th when I got home. Coincidentally, the thread was created a few hours after I told her that. I did not have service where I was, and it took 3.5-4hr roundtrips to town and back to get access to wifi. A trip I had undertaken multiple times over the past few days. There was no other way for me to access and provide the information u/Kudzu demanded/requested. I did end up subscribing to satellite internet to maintain communication in the event something urgent came up, but it was too slow for anything other than using and accessing my email.

I've skimmed through the thread and there's a ton of responses/information to sort through. It seems multiple conclusions have been reached while lacking complete details surrounding the situation and what I would consider misleading information. I suppose the nature of this thread inevitably means certain conclusions will be drawn. I just think it's important to have accurate and complete data/facts for that to occur - especially in situations like this. As such, my only reason or purpose for responding is to provide accurate facts and complete information where missing.

While troublesome having this posting while I was away - good thing is I can address everything that's been layed out in one go. With the amount of stuff/posts I have to read through and/or respond to; it will take some time for me to organize a response and type it all out. Since I just got back a few hours ago and I'm too tired to deal with that right now, I will sort it out tomorrow. Just felt I should say/post something after seeing this.
    I hope you also received my email this evening demanding my money back along with a statement of facts I plan to take to the PO with me tomorrow to charge you with mail fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't engage with this creature anymore. Take your evidence to your local police department and file a report. This is theft and it's fraud. There are lots of ways to track him down and make him pay. Meantime, be careful out there. He will almost certainly try again. You can stop him.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), Chrissy (May 30th, 2019), oldstoat (May 31st, 2019)

Thanks

Exactly. Just report to the police and provide all the information you have. There won’t be that many Jason J Mei in that area and even a simple public record search could locate this guy. The police will track him down pretty easily these days as long as they care about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mmd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azkid View Post

The forum needs to prohibit sellers with less than a hundred posts, and needs a sticky post to warn against and provide tips for avoiding scammers. And if the owner doesn't have time for that, maybe they ought to let go and turn the forum over to someone who has time and cares.
    While this isn’t the place for this I figured I’d reply since this has been mentioned several times now. I belong to quite a few forums with minimum post requirements and they do little to nothing to prevent or even diminish scamming. All they do, ultimately, is discourage trade and generate a metric shit-ton of “fluff” posts by those looking to hit that threshold.

One of the great things about this forum compared to most is the high signal to noise ratio. We don’t want to ruin that just for “feel good” protections of dubious efficacy.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kulprit For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ahriman4891 (May 31st, 2019), azkid (May 30th, 2019), bebox (May 31st, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), Chrissy (May 30th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), fountainpagan (May 31st, 2019), fountainpenkid (May 31st, 2019), Memory (June 1st, 2019), NibsForScript (May 31st, 2019), penwash (May 31st, 2019), rogeliogarciac (May 30th, 2019), silverlifter (May 31st, 2019), SIR (May 31st, 2019), Voiren (May 31st, 2019), Wade (May 30th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Oh boy. I'm sure people are wondering where I've been through all this. As I told u/Kudzu through email the last time we spoke: I would not be online again until the 27th when I got home. Coincidentally, the thread was created a few hours after I told her that. I did not have service where I was, and it took 3.5-4hr roundtrips to town and back to get access to wifi. A trip I had undertaken multiple times over the past few days. There was no other way for me to access and provide the information u/Kudzu demanded/requested. I did end up subscribing to satellite internet to maintain communication in the event something urgent came up, but it was too slow for anything other than using and accessing my email.

I've skimmed through the thread and there's a ton of responses/information to sort through. It seems multiple conclusions have been reached while lacking complete details surrounding the situation and what I would consider misleading information. I suppose the nature of this thread inevitably means certain conclusions will be drawn. I just think it's important to have accurate and complete data/facts for that to occur - especially in situations like this. As such, my only reason or purpose for responding is to provide accurate facts and complete information where missing.

While troublesome having this posting while I was away - good thing is I can address everything that's been layed out in one go. With the amount of stuff/posts I have to read through and/or respond to; it will take some time for me to organize a response and type it all out. Since I just got back a few hours ago and I'm too tired to deal with that right now, I will sort it out tomorrow. Just felt I should say/post something after seeing this.
    The optimist in me hopes the absence of a response is a sign that everything has been sorted out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post

The optimist in me hopes the absence of a response is a sign that everything has been sorted out.
    I’ve been privately asked if I’ve heard from Jason Mei after his last post. I have not. And I won’t post here again until I have some real news. But I so much appreciate the support and kind words I’ve received from so many of you. This is an awesome community and I’m glad to be a small part of it.

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kudzu For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

724Seney (June 1st, 2019), azkid (June 1st, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 3rd, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (June 7th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), ethernautrix (June 2nd, 2019), fountainpagan (June 2nd, 2019), gloucesterman-18 (June 1st, 2019), jbb (June 1st, 2019), Katduffy (June 2nd, 2019), Kazoomi (June 12th, 2019), mhosea (June 1st, 2019), NibsForScript (June 3rd, 2019), rogeliogarciac (June 1st, 2019), SIR (June 2nd, 2019)

Thanks

Courage for the fight. I do hope you will get refunded. Best of luck.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fountainpagan For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (June 7th, 2019), gloucesterman-18 (June 1st, 2019), jbb (June 1st, 2019)

Thanks

Just echoing others in saying well done for posting and not taking this scam lying down. I hope you follow some of the advice in the thread and make sure he deals with some of consequences of this fraud in the real world.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CeeElle For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), gloucesterman-18 (June 1st, 2019), Kazoomi (June 12th, 2019), Kudzu (June 1st, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

I’ve been privately asked if I’ve heard from Jason Mei after his last post. I have not.
    The only reply that will mean anything comes after a full refund. I wonder if this was what Jason looked like on his hunting trip:

or if it was more like this

--
    Mike

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), Chrissy (June 2nd, 2019), rubendh (June 2nd, 2019), TSherbs (June 1st, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,507 Times in 4,016 Posts

I was wondering whether we might see the case featured on a future Judge Judy show.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I was wondering whether we might see the case featured on a future Judge Judy show.
    I'm thinking Judge Roy Bean is more appropriate.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (June 7th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Send out Judge Dredd.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (June 2nd, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), mhosea (June 2nd, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    I’ve been privately asked if I’ve heard from Jason Mei after his last post. I have not.
    The only reply that will mean anything comes after a full refund. I wonder if this was what Jason looked like on his hunting trip:

or if it was more like this

Hahahah yep the second pic is probably a pretty good depiction of him. The wrist brace is perfect.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PenHead For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anxiously awaiting!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 4th, 2019)

Thanks

So...

any news?

Thanks

So...

any news?
    I posit the lack of response from the seller is an admission there is no other explanation of the events than it was a scam.

That the buyer has not responded is an indication that there has been no contact or resolution.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Kudzu (June 12th, 2019)

Thanks

How could you possibly explain selling one expensive pen to at least three different people, then sending a cheapo rollerball to the only one that is vocal enough to keep us informed?

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 13th, 2019), Kudzu (June 12th, 2019), rubendh (June 12th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (June 12th, 2019), silverlifter (June 12th, 2019)

Thanks

So...

any news?
    I posit the lack of response from the seller is an admission there is no other explanation of the events than it was a scam.

That the buyer has not responded is an indication that there has been no contact or resolution.
    I assume this jjm5812 simply posted that pitiful reply to sow seeds of doubt among the community as to the veracity of OP's claims, but quite frankly there is no defence and they've decided to quit while they're only moderately behind instead of digging their own grave deeper.

Thanks

So...

any news?
    Perhaps he took a look at the general mob mentality, the OP’s admission of committing several felonies and decided there was no point engaging with this thread?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chemyst View Post
    So...

any news?
    Perhaps he took a look at the general mob mentality, the OP’s admission of committing several felonies and decided there was no point engaging with this thread?
    Which felony did the buyer commit? Before responding that the buyer went to retrieve the package delivered at the incorrect address, lets note that the person that had recieved the package was present and not only allowed the buyer to open the package but participated in opening the package by taking pictures.

I might have missed some other felony on the buyer's part but I do know a police report as well as other documentation was filed and I'd think the authorities would have arrested a known felon.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 13th, 2019), dbrfreak (June 12th, 2019), Jon Szanto (June 12th, 2019), Kudzu (June 12th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (June 13th, 2019), silverlifter (June 12th, 2019), welch (June 14th, 2019)