Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Chemyst View Post
    Perhaps he took a look at the general mob mentality...
    That's commonly known as consensus.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Annie (June 13th, 2019), silverlifter (June 12th, 2019)

Thanks

@chemyst: You're not that smart, are you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DustyR For This Useful Post:

LadyMay (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DustyR View Post
    That isn’t a felony.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Which felony did the buyer commit? Before responding that the buyer went to retrieve the package delivered at the incorrect address, lets note that the person that had recieved the package was present and not only allowed the buyer to open the package but participated in opening the package by taking pictures.
    Perhaps you are right. If that second person was in fact the addressee of that package, then everything is fine.

However, I read it as the person at house was not the addressee and hence were willing to let a stranger take and open it. If that is the case, then taking the package was mail theft, in the USA. Opening the package when not the addressee is tampering with the mail, in the USA. Documenting these acts doesn't absolve the OP from knowingly stealing and opening another's mail, it just make her a dumb criminal.

I might have missed some other felony on the buyer's part but I do know a police report as well as other documentation was filed and I'd think the authorities would have arrested a known felon.
    Perhaps that is the reason for the buyer (of the stolen package) and the seller (named by the OP) to not have responded here?

Again, all supposition. We've heard a sad story about an un-reversible payment, a supposed bad transaction and an amateur detective story. In each case, actual remedies that could have helped the OP were bypassed (Google Pay, not filing a police report, not letting the USPS sort out the package) and dramatic alternatives were pursued with little in the way of evidence that all/most/any of the story is/was/will be true.
    Last edited by Chemyst; June 13th, 2019 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Sure, but that neither:
    1. makes it true, nor
    2. makes for an environment where the named seller would want to participate in the thread.

If the mob has already made up their mind, then what need have we of the seller? We can just burn him in (digital) effigy for his (alleged) crimes/sins/failings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DustyR View Post
    Never claimed to be friend. I'm just a simple ink analyst.

However, if you read this (long) thread without getting drawn into the narrative and ask yourself, What do I actually know, that isn't dependent on the storyteller?, maybe you'll see my point.

Or maybe not...
    Last edited by Chemyst; June 13th, 2019 at 01:45 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chemyst For This Useful Post:

azkid (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks

Sure, but that neither:
    1. makes it true, nor...
    You are (deliberately?) overlooking the fact that the OP's claims have been verified by others; this isn't a "he said, she said" scenario. The thief sold the same pen to three different people (that we know of from this thread), and at least one of those was sent a decoy package in an apparent hamfisted attempt to provide some cover for the fraud.

Playing devil's advocate is all well and good, but their is nothing here but a sad and sorry tale of deceit, dishonesty and deception. Continuing to try and justify or diminish that, for whatever reason, does you no credit.
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

Annie (June 13th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), Kudzu (June 13th, 2019), LadyMay (June 13th, 2019), rubendh (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Sure, but that neither:
    1. makes it true, nor...
    You are (deliberately?) overlooking the fact that the OP's claims have been verified by others; this isn't a "he said, she said" scenario. The thief sold the same pen to three different people (that we know of from this thread), and at least one of those was sent a decoy package in an apparent hamfisted attempt to provide some cover for the fraud.

Playing devil's advocate is all well and good, but their is nothing here but a sad and sorry tale of deceit, dishonesty and deception. Continuing to try and justify or diminish that, for whatever reason, does you no credit.
    Maybe that is the case friend.

How hard would it be for you to join the list of aggrieved and feel like you are part of an online circle of collectors?
    1. Maybe post that you too bought this pen from a seller who presents as young and has a foreign sounding last name.
    2. Say that you too paid with a non-reversible method. Maybe Western Union, to keep it interesting?
    3. Maybe have someone send you a dummy package as a prop, maybe just claim that the seller was a real dirtbag and either didn't send it all or didn't use a tracked service.
    4. Let the well-wishers commiserate with you and tell you how mad they are for you.
    5. Perhaps some well-wishers will offer to "stop by his house and make him see sense" or recommend some kind of street justice like we have seen in this thread.
    6. Act flustered when people offer to set-up a GoFundMe for you, offer you pens or other discounts.

Easy-peasy. You too can be a star in no time and all you have to do is accuse someone the community already feels is suspect.

More suggestions here. NB: You, regardless of gender, play the role of the young women referenced.

Thanks

Google Occam's Razor: you may find it illuminating...
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Thanks

You’re also conveniently forgetting this isn’t the first thread about this seller scamming someone, nor is it the only platform where he has been reported as such.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Sure, but that neither:
    1. makes it true, nor...

Maybe that is the case friend.

How hard would it be for you to join the list of aggrieved and feel like you are part of an online circle of collectors?
    1. Maybe post that you too bought this pen from a seller who presents as young and has a foreign sounding last name.
    2. Say that you too paid with a non-reversible method. Maybe Western Union, to keep it interesting?
    3. Maybe have someone send you a dummy package as a prop, maybe just claim that the seller was a real dirtbag and either didn't send it all or didn't use a tracked service.
    4. Let the well-wishers commiserate with you and tell you how mad they are for you.
    5. Perhaps some well-wishers will offer to "stop by his house and make him see sense" or recommend some kind of street justice like we have seen in this thread.
    6. Act flustered when people offer to set-up a GoFundMe for you, offer you pens or other discounts.

Easy-peasy. You too can be a star in no time and all you have to do is accuse someone the community already feels is suspect.

More suggestions here. NB: You, regardless of gender, play the role of the young women referenced.
    I’m a bit confused here. Are you proposing the OP has fabricated this as an elaborate scam and enlisted others as accomplices?

I think not but I’m checking for clarity.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,444 Times in 2,523 Posts

...I’m checking for clarity.
    I wouldn't bother pursuing. He's envious of the attention. Toxic trolling.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

David L. (July 26th, 2019), LadyMay (June 13th, 2019), rubendh (June 14th, 2019)

Thanks

As much as friend Chemyst is known for arguably questionable commenting, there is a vein of pertinence to remaining objective, n'est pas mes amis?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

Deb (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,444 Times in 2,523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    As much as friend Chemyst is known for arguably questionable commenting, there is a vein of pertinence to remaining objective, n'est pas mes amis?
    When I see his apology to Cherry, you might convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by FredRydr; June 13th, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Annie (June 13th, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 15th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), Kudzu (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Go team, go!

Wait, who am I rooting for?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

countrydirt (June 13th, 2019)

Thanks

So...

any news?
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Go team, go!

Wait, who am I rooting for?
    And they say i'm easy...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 787 Posts

Objectivity does not preclude forming conclusions. A judge or juror must decide. We count on them to be objective and to render decisions. If I've decided that the seller is a scammer, it isn't because I am biased or have jumped to conclusions. I do not know the buyer or the seller. When I examine my feelings about buyer and seller, I find virtually none at all. I have examined the evidence and testimony and decided that what doubt remains is simply not reasonable. The seller's failure to engage in the conversation after their single (and telling) contribution was not a factor for me, rather the implausible errors they made followed by their utter failure to sort things out as they said they would.
    --
    Mike

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 15th, 2019), Chrissy (July 20th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), dfo (June 15th, 2019), gloucesterman-18 (June 14th, 2019), rubendh (June 23rd, 2019), silverlifter (June 14th, 2019), welch (June 14th, 2019)

Thanks

Cool Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Is there anyone else here who has frequented some of the fountain pen Facebook groups enough to find the "Ray C" on the alleged decoy package to be more than a little suspicious, given the similarity between this situation and that of another well-known alleged scammer?

ethernautrix mentioned it briefly earlier in this thread; could do with further investigation, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    ... even more interesting is the that Ray C. in Auburn has come up in this case. I'm assuming (making us all asses, potentially) that this is the controversial Ray Cornett from a year ago or two (I don't remember time frames - it feels recent, a year maybe). I'm not at all insinuating collusion. It's possible and plausible that Ray Cornett (of the Sacramento area, with the reputation of trading pens but not actually sending his part of the trade along) has bought pens from Jason Mei. Also, could be a completely different Ray C.
    I just find it interesting.
    A member with the username "RayCornett" recently (within the last fortnight) contacted me by private message here to ask if i was interested in a trade for his MB 149, which i had apparently commented on in reply to a for-sale ad he posted. I raised the subject of his reputation and gave him directions to this thread with the specific question as to whether or not he had any previous association with jjm5812 aka Jason Mei, his reply was "Jason's name does not ring a bell at all".
    He also stated that all accusations here and elsewhere were unfounded and false.

Thanks

ethernautrix mentioned it briefly earlier in this thread; could do with further investigation, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    ... even more interesting is the that Ray C. in Auburn has come up in this case. I'm assuming (making us all asses, potentially) that this is the controversial Ray Cornett from a year ago or two (I don't remember time frames - it feels recent, a year maybe). I'm not at all insinuating collusion. It's possible and plausible that Ray Cornett (of the Sacramento area, with the reputation of trading pens but not actually sending his part of the trade along) has bought pens from Jason Mei. Also, could be a completely different Ray C.
    I just find it interesting.
    A member with the username "RayCornett" recently (within the last fortnight) contacted me by private message here to ask if i was interested in a trade for his MB 149, which i had apparently commented on in reply to a for-sale ad he posted. I raised the subject of his reputation and gave him directions to this thread with the specific question as to whether or not he had any previous association with jjm5812 aka Jason Mei, his reply was "Jason's name does not ring a bell at all".
    He also stated that all accusations here and elsewhere were unfounded and false.
    I'm sure it's fine.