Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Thanks

Default Re: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

It seems like he's accepting payments from multiple people and moving the money around while making people wait. Maybe he's using the money day trading or something! It's frustrating to say the least.

If there is going to be any delay in shipment by the seller, she/he should clearly indicate that in advance. Giving excuses later, like camping, hunting, etc. seem frivolous because if they know they are such an outdoor person with choppy access to the internet and postal service, it isn't difficult to set that expectation in the 'for sale' post to begin with. Usually if it takes longer than a couple of days for the seller to ship, I would expect a note indicating that there would be a delay. Other excuses like needing money to buy Christmas presents are also unacceptable because if they really need the money, all (and the least) they need to do is ship the pen on time. The buyer isn't, in any way, liable for the seller's poor planning and personal life.

I'm always wary of sellers who ask for payments via channels that have no buyer protection. The pen is certainly not worth it if you're going to be anxious about receiving the pen or not. FPGeeks and FPN have a feedback feature, which is extremely helpful to give an idea of who you're dealing with and assess the risk.

Thanks for the heads up on the seller. I think, setting expectations is very important when doing business. Though you should be careful when using payment options with no buyer protection, the seller's conduct in your case is certainly unacceptable, in my opinion. Our pen community is a beautiful, inclusive, friendly and compassionate place. Almost all of us thrive to make our pen interactions a relaxing and fulfilling experience, thereby sharing our joy of using fountain pens. Sometimes, sadly, we experience something bad. I hope that it ends well for you and that the seller also understands that his way of doing things is less than optimal for the buyer.
    Last edited by s_t_e_v_e; May 24th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s_t_e_v_e For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 24th, 2019), Kudzu (May 24th, 2019), rubendh (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

I also just click on New Posts and didn't even know there was a Market Feedback forum.

The only thing I have to add on this discussion is to encourage the use of Informed Delivery by the USPS (sorry non-US folks!) which automatically tracks packages coming to your address. This lets me track any shipment coming to my address even if I don't have a tracking number. Informed Delivery doesn't work great for incoming international packages but anything sent domestically should show up as soon as the package enters the USPS system. This wouldn't have made a big difference in this situation but would have the OP know the package wasn't actually shipped when the seller first claimed it had. There are similar services for UPS and FedEx (all are free).

These are such painful and annoying situations and I wish there were ways to completely prevent them but there aren't. Using PayPal mitigates some risk and most credit cards (maybe debit too?) cards also offer fraud protection. I hate that we have to worry about unethical people but unfortunately those people are in the minority, they just spoil transactions for the rest of us.
    Some people are also just really badly organized and slow to ship things after receiving payment (that doesn't sound like what happened here). I ordered a pair of sunglasses from an optometrist a while back and the vendor charged my card but never sent shipping information. After a few weeks and a few emails with no response I disputed the charge with American Express and they refunded my money the day before he actually shipped the glasses (I returned them).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 24th, 2019), Chrissy (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

I, too, share the hope that anyone who has lost any money gets it back as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
    I also appreciate that the laws which dictate what is and is not prudent to say need to be respected.

However, I cannot fully understand the guidance that nothing should be said.

To wit, had Kudzu not bravely made her post, how would Vintage-Nibs ever known that he, too, was the apparent victim of a scam? And how else would the apparent widespread nature of it have ever been appreciated if Aurora had not chimed in? And how else would have others, tempted by the very attractive pricing on a very coveted pen not been alerted (by well meaning members) to stay away and spared getting sucked into the morass?

I'm sorry, with all due respect to those who know more about the nuances of the law than I do, I still say "See something, say something" is the best way to shut this kind of stuff down.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (May 24th, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 24th, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), dbrfreak (May 24th, 2019), jccjr (May 25th, 2019), oldstoat (May 28th, 2019), rubendh (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mulrich View Post
    I also just click on New Posts and didn't even know there was a Market Feedback forum.

The only thing I have to add on this discussion is to encourage the use of Informed Delivery by the USPS (sorry non-US folks!) which automatically tracks packages coming to your address. This lets me track any shipment coming to my address even if I don't have a tracking number. Informed Delivery doesn't work great for incoming international packages but anything sent domestically should show up as soon as the package enters the USPS system. This wouldn't have made a big difference in this situation but would have the OP know the package wasn't actually shipped when the seller first claimed it had. There are similar services for UPS and FedEx (all are free).
    I am getting ZERO packages today per Informed Delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kudzu For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

Well, the tracking number you were sent is out for delivery --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by empliau View Post
    My mail has now arrived and there was no package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu View Post

And, when looking at the tracking information, there is no specific information as to who the sender is or who the recipient is.

Thanks

And, when looking at the tracking information, there is no specific information as to who the sender is or who the recipient is.

Priority Mail
    Delivered to an address in Auburn, CA
    https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...00419142423705

Thanks

THAT WOULD BE ME!!! But package is not here. Did not arrive in today’s mail delivery. Informed Delivery says I have Zero packages coming. Ok. Patience. Maybe getting a special delivery? I’m leaving for a tournament and will be back Sunday night. Meanwhile, hubby is here to get any package that arrives.

Thanks

THAT WOULD BE ME!!! But package is not here. Did not arrive in today’s mail delivery. Informed Delivery says I have Zero packages coming. Ok. Patience. Maybe getting a special delivery? I’m leaving for a tournament and will be back Sunday night. Meanwhile, hubby is here to get any package that arrives.

You should call USPS and find out. Sometimes they say delivered but in reality it is not. Happened to me recently.

Thanks

That tracking number says it has been delivered. I really wonder what is going on!

Now since you're near SFO, please get in touch with Adrian Monk. He might be able to help you figure out what the heck is going on!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s_t_e_v_e For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 24th, 2019), taylorwfu (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

Thanks, farazqamar. I’ll swing by Post Office on my way out of town. I’m totally baffled about why it would show it arrived when it was not in my delivery today. But the good news is, perhaps the pen will arrive after all, even if the USPS only received it 5/22 after Jason Mei said he mailed it 5/14.

Thanks

I've had letter carriers check off delivered when they take the package out of the truck for delivery rounds. If it doesn't show up within 30 minutes I'd worry. And yes, I'm the sort of person who, when the package showed delivered and yet wasn't here, drove around the neighborhood to find the postal truck to find out where my package was!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to empliau For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wingwiper View Post
    Ok....... Gaithersburg is near Rockville, but have no clue what he is hunting for at this time of year in MD?
    Sounds fishy........keep us posted. We’ll put the sqeeze and the fear of God in him. He should be banned from selling on FPGEEKS even after you receive it
    Wes

Spring Turkey season ended May 23, according to the State of Maryland.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/huntersguide...s_Calendar.pdf
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

“If ‘To hold a pen is to be at war’ as Voltaire said, Montblanc suggests you show up in full dress uniform, ready to go down like an officer and a gentleman among the Bic-wielding hordes.” - Chris Wright

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

Indiana Jones used a notebook in the map room, not an app.

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

Thanks

So he sold the same pen to AT LEAST 3 people.

Disgusting. You should report him to the police.

Thanks

Thanks, farazqamar. I’ll swing by Post Office on my way out of town. I’m totally baffled about why it would show it arrived when it was not in my delivery today. But the good news is, perhaps the pen will arrive after all, even if the USPS only received it 5/22 after Jason Mei said he mailed it 5/14.

Do let us know if you find the package. Also, if the right pen is in the package. Best of luck!!!

Thanks

I’m at PO right now. They are checking. OMG My address is 182 OAK Street. It was addressed to 186 ORR St. was delivered there. Postal employees trying to go get it back.

THAT IS WHY I DIDN’T GET AN FORMED DELIVERY NOTICE!! I sent Jason Mei my address multiple times. He had my address from original PayPal transaction. Call me cynical, but now I’m thinking he purposely sends it to the wrong address, it gets returned and he can say it was delivered. “See? Tracking number says it was delivered.” But until I went to PO where they could tell me exactly where it was delivered, we would all assume it was delivered to me. Wrong!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kudzu For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

How are you okay with just publically posting your private info AND the tracking number?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

AzJon (May 28th, 2019), Chemyst (May 24th, 2019), Jon Szanto (May 24th, 2019)

Thanks

This is the pic Jason Mei sent me to supposedly confirm that he mailed the package. You can clearly see that it says 182 OAK STREET, NOT 186 ORR STREET.

Yes, I know there’s personal info for both of us in photo. But I’m wanting to document everything as clearly as I can for those of you following this thread.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kudzu For This Useful Post:

David L. (July 26th, 2019), jccjr (May 25th, 2019)

Thanks

Once this gets resolved, I’ll delete posts.