Thread: Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Beware seller jjm5812, Jason Mei

5/8, Wednesday night
    Jason listed an Omas Arco Verde for sale for $850. I said I would buy it. He agreed.

5/9, Thursday
    After some hiccups, I was able to make payment to the PayPal account Jason gave me. Jason then asked me to use either Cash Pay app or Google Pay instead because he didn’t want to pay PayPal’s fees and he was concerned about a hold on the funds because he hadn’t used his PayPal account for a while. He refunded my PayPal payment. After more hiccups setting up a Google Pay account and using my husband’s debit card (because I don’t have one, and GP wouldn’t accept a credit card), I paid Jason $850 using Google Pay, attaching a note that indicated it was for the Omas Arco Verde and giving him my mailing address (which he already had from the earlier PayPal transaction). He confirmed to me that he’d get the funds by 5/11, Saturday, when he said he needed to pay a vet bill. And he said, “I’ll have the pen boxed and packaged for you when I get home from work.” Then he said, “I’ll let you know once I’ve received the payment. Will have the pen packaged and shipped as soon as possible.” Next message said, “I have the pen ready to go, I might be able to make it to the post office before it closes today if I can make it in time. If not I will have it out as soon as possible. Either way I’ll have the tracking information sent to you as soon as I have it shipped.” I said “send when convenient,” thinking if he didn’t make the post office by close of business Thursday, he could mail it on 5/10, Friday, instead. His next message, “It seems the payment will come through on my end just in time on the 11th. I will try and have the pen shipped asap and will update you with tracking info once I have it.” To this day I have never received any tracking information from Jason.

5/14, Tuesday
    I sent PM to Jason, “I hope the payment for your pen arrived in good time for helping out with your vet bill. You mentioned sending me tracking info once you mailed the pen. Has it been mailed? Tracking information?” NO RESPONSE

5/16, Thursday
    My PM to Jason, “Hey, this is my second message to you asking about whether or not you have mailed the pen I bought from you last week. You said you would send me shipping information. What’s up?” NO RESPONSE

5/18, Saturday
    I emailed Jason the Google Pay email receipt at his gmail address that I received from Google Pay. I said, “I have not heard from you since paying for the Omas Arco Verde fountain pen. You said you would send me the tracking information when you mailed the fountain pen to me. Not only have I not heard from you, but you have not replied to any of my Direct Messages at Fountain Pen Geeks inquiring as to the status of the transaction. Since you have my money, I want the pen. If I have not received the fountain pen by Thursday, May 23rd, I will initiate a dispute with Google Pay for $850. Please let me know how you intend to resolve this issue.” I signed the email with my name and mailing address.

Then, to cover all bases, I sent him a FPGeeks PM that said, “Jason, I sent you an email at Jmei****@gmail.com. I would like you to send me the Omas Arco Verde fountain pen I paid for last week. You have neither sent me the tracking information as promised, nor have you replied to my several Direct Messages on this forum. Please resolve this situation or I will be forced to dispute the payment with Google Pay and to let the good people who buy and sell here at Fountain Pen Geeks know you seem to be stiffing me. Please send me the fountain pen. IF I HAVEN’T RECEIVED IT BY NEXT THURSDAY, MAY 23RD, I WILL TAKE ACTION.” [emphasis added] I signed it with my full name and address.

5/21, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
    Jason sent an email reply to my 5/18 email to him, “Hey Cherry, first off I apologize for the delayed response/lack of communication. I’ve been away on a hunting trip since the 15th and get back on the 28th, unfortunately where I am I don’t have service or internet so I haven’t been able to access any of those services. I’m currently back in town for the night restocking on some supplies we ran out of. It was not my intention to have you anxious or worrying about the situation, so I apologize for worrying you. I dropped off the pen at a Parcel Plus store in my area on Tuesday the 14th before I left on my trip. I sent you a PM on fpgeeks with the tracking info the same day - did you not see/receive that? In any case, I will call home and see about having the tracking receipt/# sent over to me and I will have that sent over to you asap. The Parcel Plus store has regular USPS pickups once or twice a week. The package should have left their possession and picked up by USPS on Monday [the 13th, since he said he left for hunting trip the 14th? So he would have mailed it the 13th] so it should be on its way to you. Anyways, I apologize for worrying you and not getting back to you sooner. I will only be in town for the next hour or so but I will try to see about checking back in at some point before I get back home the 28th. As for the thread you mentioned about me being a scammer. I know the thread you are talking about....” Jason went on to explain his view of that April 2018 transaction with rubendh that went badly. [I never mentioned a thread to him or him being a scammer because I wasn’t aware of his previous history. I merely said I would call him out on FPGeeks if I didn’t receive the pen by the 23rd because it appears that he’s trying to stiff me. At that point, yes, I went and found the thread in question and read it, all 151 posts.]

At 6:47 p.m. I replied to Jason’s text, “ Hi, Jason. My husband is ready to erupt in fury over my not having received the expensive pen yet. I’ve been holding him off to see what Thursday would bring. No, I did not receive any tracking information from you via Fountain Pen Geeks direct messaging system. [Nor in an email.] In my several communications with you I have included my mailing address so that shouldn’t have been an issue. I need the pen by Thursday [5/23].

At 6:52 p.m. I sent him another email that said, “The last PM message I have from you at FPG was sent May 10th [Friday].”

5/23, Thursday [TODAY]
    At 10:40 a.m. I received a 7:31 a.m. email from Jason that says, “Hey Cherry, well unfortunately I am unable to control USPS delivery speed and times. I was told 3-5 days as a delivery estimate after USPS receives the package when I dropped it off at Parcel Plus; so considering a Monday pickup I would give it at least until Fri/Sat. It takes me ~2hrs to get to town for service/WiFi so unfortunately I won’t be able to keep in constant contact with you - I didn’t realize there were any issues until yesterday so I will try my best to check in when I can but a 4hr+ round trip is tough. All I have are email updates for the package that I setup before leaving so that’s all I have to go off. Once I get back on Monday morning I can send you the tracking # from the receipt but you should receive it before then...[comment about the photos in the For Sale listing]...No the address is not an issue, I sent it to the address you provided me.” Attached is a photo showing someone holding a Priority Mail box with my correct mailing address and a return address for Jason in Maryland. There’s no receipt or tracking information with the package, just showing the box after it’s been addressed.

At 10:43 a.m. I sent this reply, “Jason, today is Thursday, May 23rd. I paid you on Thursday, May 9th. If you mailed it on Monday, May 13, it should be here by now. I never received a tracking PM from you on FPGeeks. Please take a photo of it and resend it. If it doesn’t arrive by today, my deadline, I am going public.”

IT’S MAY 23RD, AND I’M GOING PUBLIC. I EITHER WANT THE PEN OR MY MONEY BACK. And if the pen ever shows up, I’ll apologize and let you all know immediately.

Additional information:
    I just learned today that Google Pay, which Jason asked me to use after he refunded my PayPal payment, is a peer-to-peer money transfer situation. There are no dispute resolution options for me through Google Pay. Once I pay him, he has the money and I have no recourse through Google Pay.

I spoke with USPS about Priority Mail mailing times from Maryland to California, where I live. I was told 2-3 days. I called Parcel Plus in Jason’s city asking how often USPS picked up packages there. I left a message and have not heard back. But I cannot imagine a mailing company that doesn’t both receive AND send out mail on a daily basis. However, even assuming the package didn’t leave Parcel Plus until Monday, 5/20 (a full week/7 days after he said he mailed it via them), the pen should have arrived by yesterday.

I also signed up for Informed Delivery at US Postal Service. It shows no packages being delivered today, and, indeed, there were none in my mailbox today. Without a tracking number, USPS cannot help me, and Jason has not sent me tracking information that he said he would send and that I’ve asked for six times.

Ok, fellow FPGeeks. This is my sad, infuriating story about trying to buy an expensive pen from seller Jason Mei, jjm5812. Yes, Caveat Emptor, indeed. I WANT THE PEN OR MY MONEY BACK ASAP. Thanks for reading.
    "I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kudzu For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ahriman4891 (May 23rd, 2019), AndyLogan (May 27th, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 11th, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (May 24th, 2019), bluefeathers (July 29th, 2019), ChrisC (May 23rd, 2019), David L. (July 26th, 2019), jackokun (May 26th, 2019), jbb (May 24th, 2019), kenshiro (May 23rd, 2019), lomoking (May 25th, 2019), Zhivago (June 1st, 2019)