I've been rather taken, lately, with stub nibs, and am keen to do some further explorations. It started with the addition of a 1.1mm stub to a Lamy Al-star, and proceeded, from there, to a Pilot Prera with "CM" (cursive medium) nib. I like both pens, but prefer the somewhat more subtle line variation and smoothness of the Prera. The pen itself, however, is SO strangely small -- to the extent that it's slightly awkward to use. I've now taken to dip pens, and have been liking the narrow Brause stub nibs. I had a TWSBI stub, but didn't particularly care for it because I felt that there wasn't enough difference in line width between the narrow versus wide stroke.

I'm wanting to branch-out a bit more, but from what I can tell so far, there don't seem to be a lot of options available. It seems that the narrowest stub that's most widely available is a 1.1mm -- Jowo has one in a #5 and #6, for example. I would like to try something a bit narrower than that, however, and don't know what to get. I've been wanting a Pelikan M200, and am now thinking of getting it in their italic nib, but don't know much about it.

Other than that, I'm wondering about custom options, and what to ask for in a custom grind. I'm thinking about perhaps having my Lamy 2000 reground into a cursive-italic, but hesitant because I don't know how it will turn out.

Can someone with experience in one or more stub/italic nib offerings, or in having pens customized to stubs give me some opinions or observations that might be helpful? I'd particularly love to hear about additional options that I have yet to try.

Thanks...