Thread: LAMY 2000 quality control issues are not related to the "sweet spot"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default LAMY 2000 quality control issues are not related to the "sweet spot"

Just got my LAMY 2000 in the mail yesterday; now it is snug in its box headed back to the distributor I ordered it from for a full refund. I REALLY wish I had listened to the quality control complaints that are so ubiquitous, but I loved the look of it and wanted to believe the dismissals from the pen's advocates that said it was just an angle issue and that the complainers just didn't know how to hold the pen properly. After realizing to my horror that it wrote like a chicken bone, I took it to a nearby fountain pen store where the staff confirmed that the nib was very catchy. For a $250 (Canadian) pen to write like that out of the box is ridiculous. I saw a lot of people online saying it wrote badly until they cleaned it many times, or after 3 ink refills, or after getting the nib ground and now they love it. Thanks, but not thanks. If I'm paying hundreds for a pen, it's going to, you know, actually write well without manipulation. That's something I ask of my $30 pens, let alone a gold nib from LAMY.

What really irks me is the glib dismissals of what I now know are genuine and accurate complaints about LAMY's embarrassing quality control. If you are considering buying a LAMY 2000, and are worried about this issue, don't let people tell you it isn't real. It 100% is and I've experienced it first hand. Buyer beware.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xuben For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 28th, 2019)