Thread: I have come across a Duofold pen set - can you help me correctly identify it?

Thanks

Default I have come across a Duofold pen set - can you help me correctly identify it?

I was fortunate enough to be given a Parker Duofold pen / biro set by a friend who knows I am an FP user / enthusiast, I had a look and advised him that it is probably quite valuable and I have offered to give him some money to use as a charitable donation in return.

I am hoping some of the knowledgeable people on here can give me an idea of value, personally I am more an enthusiast for modern Japanese FP's and don't own any premium Parker pens other than vintage 51's. Here are some photos and details :

Set comes in a wooden box with Parker Duofold stamped on the top and is a white-marble resin patterned fountain pen and matching biro in a wooden box. The FP is a cartridge filler and 13.6 cm long including cap, M nib is labelled PARKER 18 750, the black cap has PARKER MADE IN UK in small writing. I don't see any other distinguishing features, but would guess from conversation was purchased around 1990.

I have looked here and think it is possibly a Duofold international, can anyone help out with identification and thoughts on approx value? (I have no intention of selling but will help me decide how much to donate)

More photos here if you want, they are quite big :

Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3
    Image 4
    Image 5
    Image 6

Thanks!

Jolltax

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: I have come across a Duofold pen set - can you help me correctly identify it?

It looks more like a Duofold Centennial to me next to the BP.

It's a Pearl and Black version and if you search on ebay you will find some that have sold. That will give you an idea of prices they have already fetched.

The last two sets I saw when I looked fetched $751 and $676 at auction.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Jolltax (June 2nd, 2019)

Thanks

Default Re: I have come across a Duofold pen set - can you help me correctly identify it?

Thank you! That's an expensive pen set, and certainly more than I would usually spend on one! I'll make a donation for my friend and then I think I will give it a good clean and use it for a while

Really appreciate your help!

J

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolltax For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 2nd, 2019)

Thanks

Gorgeous pen set, congratulations

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RocketRyan For This Useful Post:

Jolltax (June 4th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Early 1990s Parker Duofold Centennial. You can pick up the fountain pen by itself for around US$600 if you shop carefully. So in its wooden box as a set it is a rather valuable possession.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

Jolltax (June 4th, 2019)

Thanks

Its a nice writer, a beautiful object and obviously very happy to own it, just wish it was not a cartridge converter as the capacity is quite low .....

I am keeping, but not carrying, the box and won't be using the ballpoint so I am just carrying the FP about with my other pens and putting it to work. It makes me smile to think it has spent almost 30 years in a drawer and now finally it is actually being put to use.

Thanks for your help and comments!

J