Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sheaffers in Fort Madison.

Thanks

Default Re: The Sheaffers in Fort Madison.

The gaze of the will is impure and ardent. The soul of things, the beauty, only reveals itself to us when we do not covet anything. (H. Hesse).

If someone look at my posts thinking about the value of what is presented and who can own it, it is not my post what he see, but only its relationship with his will, with his plans and concerns, with his pocket. Think that, perhaps, the problem is in your eyes and not in my post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    Ramon has a long history of stealing other people's work and displaying it without permission or attribution.

This brings back memories of the time Ramon decided to publish one of my articles on his own site without my permission. I asked him to take it down, as it was a copyright violation; he responded that I couldn't touch him, because he was beyond the reach of US law enforcement authorities, and so I couldn't do anything to stop him.

Ramon was mistaken. I pursued the matter, and Ramon was found to have committed an international copyright violation against me. The site at which he had illegally published my work was shut down.

Good times.

--Daniel
    That is remarkable. It seems that he still has no clue though about the concept plagiarism or copyright.

Thanks

#6 in the map. 1913. After testing the market by manufacturing and selling in 1912 from the back room of his jewelry shop #2, and now with the Sheaffer Fountain Pen Co. constituted, Sheaffer set up his first pen factory in the upper floors of B.B. Hesse Building (see footnote) in 2nd St. with Pine St. (today Avenue G with 7th St.).

Footnotes:

1869. Charles Conradt's Meat Market - city's first meat market.
    1877. Conradt Meat Market; 1879 - Bernard B. Hesse bought the building from Charles Conradt.
    1888. B.B. Hesse, clothier & tailor.
    1895. B.B. Hesse & Sons - merchant tailors and clothing.
    1919. B.B. Hesse & Sons Clothing Store.
    1949. B.B. Hesse & Sons Clothing Store.
    2006. Ivy Bake Shopp & Café.

Height Three story, Walls: Brick.
    Storefront: Wood, screens.
    Windows: Arch windows with stone lintels and keystones, wood arch windows.
    Architectural details: Brackets.
    Modifications: Rear section added c.1910. The 1980s replaced first story windows to original arch style, replaced three doors with bronze steel. 1996 screened-in storefront and added wood doors.
    Last edited by Ramón Campos; June 25th, 2019 at 02:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,384 Times in 1,022 Posts

Pretty pictures, but they lack credibility insofar as Sheaffer company history. Someone just "fished the internet" for images, downloaded and altered them, and then uploaded them portrayed as scholarly research. But it's replete with misrepresentations, errors and plagiarism.

Yep, just pretty pictures.

Thanks

Music has charms to soothe the savage breast.

Thanks

Here's yet another in a long string of thefts by Ramon. All the Parker pen images in that post are actually someone else's. He's been stealing images and publishing them without attribution, implying that they are his own, for as long as I can remember. He's also engaged in deception by altering images to support his false claims.

--Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

Thanks

Sancho: Sir, sir, the dogs bark at us.
    Don Quixote: A sign that we´re riding, Sancho.

Next post: The Craig's Mansion in High Point (with facade´s artwork, vintage interior images and Mississippi´s panoramic view from the house garden).
    Last edited by Ramón Campos; June 25th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks

So I, an "unscrupulous tourist that neither privacy respects", took a photo "robbed to the owners of the house". Meanwhile, you, "Graduate in Arts", akin to Dali, Gauguin, Monet, Picasso, Warhol, etc have "respect and affection shown toward the past and present inhabitants".

Plagiarism happens when a person presents any information as their own without credit to the original source. As we all know, proper procedure requires that the source of information or ideas must be identified and attributed to that source.
    Plagiarism can occur with the clear intent to deceive, with disregard for scholarly procedures, by ignorance, or laziness.

Please do not obscure and obfuscate the clear and irrefutable point made here that you used two of my photographs without permission and without citing your source. You have plagiarized in the past and have been caught red-handed a few times. I hope you can learn from your misconduct and exercise intellectual humility and sincerity in the future.
    Looking for Sheaffer Oversize Balance fountain pens...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pedro For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (June 25th, 2019), kirchh (June 25th, 2019), LeFreak (June 26th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramón Campos View Post
    Sancho: Sir, sir, the dogs bark at us.
    Don Quixote: A sign that we´re riding, Sancho.
    Burglar 1: The dogs bark at me.
    Also Burglar 1: A sign that I'm stealing.

--Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kirchh For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (June 25th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    So I, an "unscrupulous tourist that neither privacy respects", took a photo "robbed to the owners of the house". Meanwhile, you, "Graduate in Arts", akin to Dali, Gauguin, Monet, Picasso, Warhol, etc have "respect and affection shown toward the past and present inhabitants".

Plagiarism happens when a person presents any information as their own without credit to the original source. As we all know, proper procedure requires that the source of information or ideas must be identified and attributed to that source.
    Plagiarism can occur with the clear intent to deceive, with disregard for scholarly procedures, by ignorance, or laziness.

Please do not obscure and obfuscate the clear and irrefutable point made here that you used two of my photographs without permission and without citing your source. You have plagiarized in the past and have been caught red-handed a few times. I hope you can learn from your misconduct and exercise intellectual humility and sincerity in the future.
    Ramon has a long history of plagiarism. The third paragraph in this post is plagiarized, for example.

--Daniel

Thanks
    Thanked 6,757 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kirchh View Post
    Ramon has a long history of plagiarism. The third paragraph in this post is plagiarized, for example.

--Daniel
    FWIW, the thread - and the behavior - have been reported.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

The plagiarizer is back under another non de plume....The persistent guano head....
    Fred

Thanks

[QUOTE=Jon Szanto;267951 FWIW, the thread - and the behavior - have been reported.[/QUOTE]

Aside: who does one report such a thing to on FPG which has no moderator?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    FWIW, the thread - and the behavior - have been reported.
    Aside: who does one report such a thing to on FPG which has no moderator?
    Eric, the owner/admin of the site, apparently still keeps very loose tabs on the place - to what manner and degree I can't guess. What I *do* know is that if you click on the "Report" icon to report a post for various infractions (which are shown in the next dialog box), you often will see action taken. And, frankly, I do it just on the hopes of that, not necessarily *expecting* something to happen.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thanks Jon, I thought the site was totally rudderless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Thanks Jon, I thought the site was totally rudderless.
    Oh, there's a rudder, it's just that there isn't always a hand on the tiller.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

In 1913 Walter Sheaffer sold his jewelry store #2 to Mr. Lerche, his watchmaker and witness of Sheaffer´s 1908 first patent, and W.L. Saunders, his brother-in-law to, who was previously his partner in Sheaffer Jewelry & Music Co., surrender completely to the manufacture of fountain pens.

In 1924 Dana Bushong (more info click here) Sheaffer Autograph´s engraver, purchased Lerche and Saunders outright and opened under their name, and in another location in the same Avenue, with many of the WA Sheaffer assets including the old wall clock and this wall cases that we see here with drawer´s details and good photo quality (e.g. in the mirrors there is not photographer´s reflection).

Last edited by Ramón Campos; June 27th, 2019 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks

...good photo quality (e.g. in the mirrors there is not photographer´s reflection)....
    Who is the photographer, and when and where were the photos taken?

Thanks

Summary: I think I have a beautiful social function because while those hater souls are entertained with me, they leave in peace others who could be helpless.

Thanks

Summary: I think I have a beautiful social function....
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post268066