Thread: Nib position vis-à-vis lever or crescent or widget or clip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,443 Times in 2,523 Posts

Default Nib position vis-à-vis lever or crescent or widget or clip

When I reassemble pens after restoration, I invariable try to line up all the features of the pen: the clip, the top center of the nib, the lever or crescent or hatchet or other filling device, and any other notable features. Of course, threads might not cooperate, but I try. I do this because I like it, and therefore I assume (you know the old story about that!) everyone else does, too. But when I look at other's pens and old adverts and see variations, I wonder what others prefer. Old advertisements may try to feature certain aspects of pens, but how were those features oriented when the pens came from the factory?

What brought this up was reassembling a very old Conklin 4NL, and deciding which way to orient the crescent vis-à-vis the nib and section before applying a drop of shellac on the loose section. (The threads force this Conklin's clip to fend for itself when capped.) I opted for the same old.

What do you expect or prefer?

IMG_2140.jpg
    (Not for sale)
    Last edited by FredRydr; June 14th, 2019 at 07:51 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

AzJon (June 15th, 2019), Bisquitlips (June 17th, 2019), Chrissy (June 17th, 2019), pajaro (June 16th, 2019)