Thread: Nakaya Dorsal Fin

Thanks

Default Nakaya Dorsal Fin

If you have been waiting for something special, I mean REALLY special, here's your pen!

The Nakaya Dorsal Fin 1 is not currently being produced. In fact, it no longer appears on Nakaya's own site and they are not currently accepting any orders. There are only a very small number of Nakaya dealers in the entire world, and their stocks have been pretty much entirely depleted. I know of only one currently at a dealer and it's color is... well, let's just say it is taste specific.

This beautiful and rarely seen pen is ebonite with a hand applied urushi coating in the immensely popular Aka Tamenuri finish. The fin that you see is all built up by many many coats of urushi lacquer, each hand applied and shaped before being thoroughly dried and polished prior to application of the next coat. Each pen takes many months to complete.

The pen is equipped with a 14K gold two tone Fine nib and is cartridge converter filled. It has been carefully pre-loved and is complete with original pawlonia wood and rice paper boxes, kimono, converter, and package of cartridges.

If you have been hoping to find a Nakaya Dorsal Fin, you won't find many. Don't sleep on this one!

$1575 includes shipping within US

Email: whichwatch@roadrunner.com

This is a sizable pen. The next two photos show it next to a Pelikan M800

Thanks

Default Re: Nakaya Dorsal Fin

Sold! But I have others. Please inquire if interested.