Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper Embosser

Thanks

Default Re: Paper Embosser

Nice!!!!!
    JBBPensPaper an Etsy store

Thanks

The discussions about embossers over on FPN are unavailable at the moment, (2013-12-30):
    I knew a lawyer who had quite the collection of corporate seals dating form the early 1900s. The machines were desktop units, cast iron, stout and serious tools meant to last for hundreds of years and handle hundreds of thousands of impressions. The dies were remarkable pieces of art, elaborate designs, hand-engraved and, of course, included the reverse images to produce a stunning emboss. Many of these designs were intended to be rubbed with a cotton pouncer that was impregnated with a bit of ink. May of these devices were designed to put an indelible image into super premium paper, stuff they just don't make any more, the kind of heavy rag meant for stock certificates and financial instruments.
    Any major market area will have a shop where you can get embossers custom made. Some shops offer in-house machining, others send it all out to a jobber. Here in Boise ID, there's ABC Stamp Company. A couple of the old timers in the shop can get pretty excited about custom jobs. Before you order online, give you local merchant a call, drop by, see the demo units and give them a chance to sell you a good product.

Thanks

I accidentally ran across my old embosser today and remembered this thread.
    Back in the day, we had advertisements arrive in the mail. If you saw something that you liked, you mailed them a check and 4-6 weeks later you got your whatever. Noticed I used a check so it is well past the days of cash via pony express. I ordered this embosser to put my name in my books. I stole the idea from something I saw written on the title page of a book in a second hand bookstore. I think that I did buy the book as well but I do not remember what it was. The sample pictured is a 1902 edition of Dante. I have all 3 volumes.

Embosser.jpgImprint.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

jackwebb (April 6th, 2014)