Thread: Retro 51

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Thumbs down Retro 51

Today Retro 51 introduced a pen with a police theme. I sent them a message...

"My social media streams have been flooded this day with the announcement of your new police pen product. Personally, I'm appalled, but I suspect you probably expected a little negative reaction -- no doubt figured it was a calculated risk that would not soil your bottom line.

"While I have never had much interest in your products, I have purchased a few over the years, mostly gifts taking advantage of the thematic aspects. Of course, that's all over, and I won't be purchasing anything again from your company.

"Police in the U.S. have become the most powerful street gang, and they are everywhere. Daily we see them beating and shooting down innocent people with impunity. There's not a day goes by I don't see in my mind a police car driving into a park and killing a 12-year-old child sitting at a picnic table. That was Tamir Rice in Cleveland. Do not dismiss me as naive; I spent years with California Highway Patrol and California Corrections. I know the culture from the inside.

"Sadly, this state of affairs is not the fault of the individuals who become officers, many with high ideals and good intentions. But the politics and culture of this country today turns the police into an occupying army -- and far too many officers embrace the role. I don't think you should be celebrating that, and I certainly won't be celebrating with you."

I'm not looking to start a battle about police here. I have my opinion; you have yours. Just want to let you know if you like what they're doing, you better act fast as it's a limited edition and will sell out fast. If you don't like what they're doing, you may want to tell them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brilliant Bill For This Useful Post:

azkid (June 18th, 2019)