Thread: FS: 2 Vintage Conklin Endura Symetrik Ensembles

Thanks

Default FS: 2 Vintage Conklin Endura Symetrik Ensembles

Condition (n.b.): All pens listed below have been disassembled, cleaned and restored with new sacs installed in the last couple months. Each is guaranteed to fill and write as designed without leaks or other problems. Nibs have been adjusted when necessary to ensure that all lay down a smooth and consistent line.

1. Conklin Ensemble in Black and Pearl Combination fountain pen and mechanical pencil. Measures just shy of 5 7/8" capped. 14k Endura nib has good tipping and lays down a smooth and consistent XF line. Color is actually a bit nicer than in the photos, maybe 7/10. No cracks (black mark beside lever is part of the color, not a crack), chips, missing parts, bent nibs, misaligned tines, or threading issues. Trim is extremely clean with no brassing but there are some toolmarks on the pencil nose cone (see 1st photo). Heatstamped personalization on the barrel (see last photo). Although it securely attached, the pencil nose cone slides up and down a couple mm, likely as a result of someone futzing with it (see tool marks). Pencil does not appear to be functional (no resistance when turned though mechanism is present. Re-sacced and ready to write. Price: $150 $135

2. Conklin Ensemble in Black and Bronze Combination fountain pen and mechanical pencil. Measures just shy of 5 7/8" capped. Endura nib marked "Toledo" has good tipping and lays down a smooth and consistent XF line. Color is more vibrant than in photos. No cracks, chips, personal engravings, missing parts, bent nibs, misaligned tines, or threading issues. Trim shows sliver of brassing on the bottom edge of the cap band 2/3 the way around as well as spots on the top and bottom of the clip and thin slivers on the edges of the lever. Pencil seems like it would function properly if one could remove the lead jam. Re-sacced and ready to write. Price: $150 $135

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping: All pens that do not come with their original boxes are packaged in thick PVC tubing to protect them in transit. To CONUS locations buyer may opt for either:

USPS First-Class with tracking for $5

USPS Priority with tracking for $8

International Customers: Please contact me for shipping quote if located overseas (delivery confirmation required).

New York Customers: For tax purposes, I am now required to add an 8% sales tax on any sale made in the state of NY. If your shipping address is in NY state, please let me know before payment to receive an adjusted total.

Order, Payment, & Guarantee: Pens are placed on hold for the first person to contact me with firm request to purchase, to which I’ll reply with payment details. If I haven't received Paypal payment within 24 hrs, then they become available to the next person. All pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. If I've missed something objectionable or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, the buyer may contact me up to 7 days after receiving the pen for a full refund (issued once I receive the pen back in the same condition as sold). I've sold pens online for over a decade. Please check my past listings here as well as on the classifieds and historical sales forums on FPN (username: Estragon) for some of my previous offerings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by popcod; June 9th, 2019 at 06:05 PM.
    aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Default Re: FS: 2 Vintage Conklin Endura Symetrik Ensembles

Prices reduced

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Default Re: FS: 2 Vintage Conklin Endura Symetrik Ensembles