Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad experience with seller "Iruciperi" aka Hanim kang

Thanks

Default Bad experience with seller "Iruciperi" aka Hanim kang

Before anybody jump to conclusions that should have done this or that. I know I made few mistakes as I fell for the honey trap of hard to find pen like visconti opera master in tobacco brown /turtle/amber demo. I asked the seller (who according to him recently shifted from Korea to France) that kindly deliver the pen through DHL as I was willing to pay extra for DHL.But the seller said he could only do registered mail. I should have backed out but desire to get the pen I was in search of years got better of me. I paid for this product (fountain pen) on 25th of April 2019 and till now I didn't get the delivery. Rather the local Saudi Post web site doesn't show the tracking number record. I brought this to the notice of the seller( in France) initially as other shipments which I got in the past usually got updated in the Saudi post system with in 2 to 3 three days showing the location of almost all the transit areas. But the seller said it was usual and it takes time for it to get updated. I called Saudi post call center various times to check about the the product where abouts with the tracking number provided to me by the seller and they said that there's no such parcel destined for Saudi Arabia. I personally visited various times the concerned local Saudi post office of the district of my address as well as the central post office of Jeddah Saudi Arabia, but they all said that he tracking number is wrong and no such item with this tracking number ever entered Saudi Arabia and now they all know me and rather are kind of rude as being an expat in saudi Arabia its not easy to deal with the people here. On official website of Saudi post after adding the tracking number, the exact message is "No data matches entered tracking number(s)" I will attach result of tracking number on official Saudi post website. I got panicked when the vague tracking on French post showed that the product was delivered. The tracking on French post didn't show any transit locations and even the destination no city no province or state and after few ambiguous status updates it showed item delivered on 7th may. I asked the seller to complain and open the investigation with French post as there's no record what so ever and as it was supposed to be signed on delivery so seller should ask the post for the proof that it got delivered to me. According to seller after a week French post told him that it was delivered without providing me any more details or proof though I told him that I never received it. Before making payment I also requested seller to ship the pen through DHL and that I will make additional payment for DHL but the seller was adamant to use French post.
    Later on when I was about to open dispute with PayPal the seller offered me half amount I told him its not my fault and I either want pen or full amount as he can also ask for the refund from French post.
    I opened the PayPal dispute. Apprantly only thing PayPal require is tracking number. I told PayPal to check with Saudi post I sent them the number which is written on Saudi post website as well and also they can see the result on their official website . Also where does the tracking on French post show that the package was delivered to me in the city Jeddah Saudi Arabia. This was suppose to be signed deliverery why didn't they ask for proof or check with the recepient country's postal service.
    Tracking number : CC803602854FR
    Saudi post website: sp.com.sa

And if somebody want to check directly with Saudi post call them on the number 00966920005700 ( this number can be confirmed from Google) to check directly about the package.

I don't care about the details I'm sharing here as I have already lost the amount. I know I made few mistakes and I'm paying the price in the form of hard earned money and time (I'm preparing for medical licencing exam and this all got me distracted). The pricy lesson I learnt is I won't be dealing with any member without looking into their records and if somebody won't be willing to send shipment through DHL despite of me paying the extra charges I will call off the deal and not fall for the honey trap again.
    Here are the few pictures attached of results from Saudi post and french post.

Sent from my HRY-LX1MEB using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Bad experience with seller "Iruciperi" aka Hanim kang

I have just checked, and indeed the French post said it was delivered.

I also know, because I had to do it once or twice, that if the seller opens a claim to the French Post saying that the parcel was not delivered to the right address, the French Post is going to look for it, and it may even find it.

I had this case when I sent 2 parcels to China, and the French Post found them, and delivered it to the right person. Was I lucky? Maybe. But if he doesn't open a claim he will never know.

Thanks

According to seller he did open the case and french post said it was delivered. Delivered to whom.. God knows.. . Because only way it had to deliver in saudi Arabia is through Saudi post. And I have written the number of Saudi post here you can also confirm the number through the Google and ask them about thid tracking number and you will get the answer. I asked seller to ask about any sign or proof or anything because here in saudi Arabia they ask for you ID (which is called iqama for expats here) and you have to sign when you go to pick up the package or mail from concerened district post office or you can have it in your PO box(if you buy one) which is also in the Saudi Post office.. Because they don't deliver it to your door step here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpagan View Post
    I have just checked, and indeed the French post said it was delivered.

I also know, because I had to do it once or twice, that if the seller opens a claim to the French Post saying that the parcel was not delivered to the right address, the French Post is going to look for it, and it may even find it.

I had this case when I sent 2 parcels to China, and the French Post found them, and delivered it to the right person. Was I lucky? Maybe. But if he doesn't open a claim he will never know.
    According to seller he did open the case and french post said it was delivered. Delivered to whom.. God knows.. . Because only way it had to deliver in saudi Arabia is through Saudi post. And I have written the number of Saudi post here you can also confirm the number through the Google and ask them about thid tracking number and you will get the answer. I asked seller to ask about any sign or proof or anything because here in saudi Arabia they ask for you ID (which is called iqama for expats here) and you have to sign when you go to pick up the package or mail from concerened district post office or you can have it in your PO box(if you buy one) which is also in the Saudi Post office.. Because they don't deliver it to your door step here.

Thanks

Hi, I'm the seller.

I don't want to be bothered by this case anymore, but I'm writing this reply as he's opening my name. I can't pass this case to secure my privacy and reputation in this forum, if any exists.

Starting from the carrier, WE agreed on using French post. Yes, he firstly requested to use DHL, but I refused it as the DHL office was too far from my office to go there in the working time. At this time, if he really wanted me to use DHL, he could break the deal. HE SAID it's okay to use registered mail service. That's because I didn't break the deal and received the payment.

Secondly, HE requested to claim the value of the pen to be around USD100.00, not the actual price. It means he will cover all the risk and responsibility of losing the pen and not get the full money back from the insurance.

Several days after the shipment, French Post said "It has been delivered.", but the buyer claimed that he didn't receive it. I believed him. I posted this issue to FPN, and got some help of people with experience with French Post and Saudi Post. They suggested me to open a case to the French Post, and they will eventually find the parcel. So I opened a case to the French Post with help of my local friend. And the French Post sent me an official letter that the parcel has been delivered to the address in the shipping label. But still, the buyer said it had never been delivered.

I still believed him. So I offered him a half refund, as it seems we both didn't do anything wrong. There was a possibility that I lose the half of the pen's price if the buyer was a scammer, but I offered the half refund. That's way better option for the buyer than receiving USD100.00 only, which is the value he requested to be claimed. On my side, I have to say that there's absolutely no hope for having the pen back, or claim the insurance. Firstly, the insurance is only for USD100.00, which is the claimed value of the item per the buyer's request. Secondly, the post office confirmed that the parcel has been delivered. Why do they give me a refund for the parcel that has been successfully delivered?

And without any reply, he opened a Paypal dispute, in the middle of our communication without any notice to me. At that moment, our communication became meaningless. He chose to go to a judge of his choice.

So I gave all the documents, including the carbon copy of the shipping label which shows the full shipping address and the official letter from French Post saying the parcel was actually delivered, to Paypal.

And finally, Paypal closed the case in my favor. That's the end of story. We both were judged by Paypal and Paypal concluded that the pen was delivered. That's the end of the story.

Again, I tried to resolve this case by offering a half refund, even though the French Post sent me an official letter saying it was actually delivered, solely because the buyer claimed he had not received it. But it was him to went to Paypal dispute. It's non-sense to me that he suddenly opens this to public and makes me like a scammer. Below is the document sent by French Post saying that they confirmed the parcel has been delivered. There's no room for scamming using address I also have the shipping label showing the real shipping address. I can show you the shipping label, but only with the buyer's agreement as I can't make the buyer's address blind because it is the essential information.

Last edited by iruciperi; June 24th, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iruciperi For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (July 5th, 2019), buddman (July 7th, 2019), sf_roma (July 4th, 2019), SIR (June 25th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpagan View Post
    Maybe. But if he doesn't open a claim he will never know.

As you advised, I opened a case to French Post, and they sent me an official letter saying the parcel has been successfully delivered. Without this letter and the shipping label, Paypal wouldn't close this case as my favor. You can see the photo in my reply above.

Thanks

First of all you didn't send me any of this letter or shipping label which your are disclosing here. I told you that I went to Central Saudi post and they told me no shipment with this tracking ever entered Saudi Arabia and they told me to ask shipper to launch complain with French post. I was the one always emailing you and asking you about this all. You didn't mention to me about this shipping label or sent me anything like this so I could have shown Saudi post people.
    You say in the middle of communication I opened dispute. I was the one always mailing you first to check what's going on.. I was the one who was constantly telling you from the 3rd day onwards that no record or updates on Saudi post. I was the one telling you was there ambiguity in the status of french post about delivering, reached destination country, clearance, incomplete address and then again under transit. You were not checking or emailing to ask. It was already pretty frustrating.

Secondly it is my experience which I'm sharing. As you say you dont want to be bothered by this case anymore as you got the money I don't about the pen... I know I should have pulled out the moment you backed out from sending it through DHL. I am paying the price for this mistake so kindly don't try to act hurt.
    Last edited by Jaws; June 24th, 2019 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 587 Posts

Why is there no popcorn-eating emoji on FPG?
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

Scrawler (July 12th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Seems pretty straightforward to me, based on the information given here. The seller has an official letter from the French PO (so there is a paper trail) stating the article was delivered to the recipient's address. We only have the recipient's word that he/she never received it. So the options are few: 1, that someone at the French PO is lying, or 2, that the recipient is lying. On the balance of probabilities, which of these two options are most likely? Is it even fair to ask this?

Having said that, the seller could in theory claim for lost mail (does the French PO have basic cover up to a certain limit?), but that is hampered by the potential mail fraud that both appear to have committed in deliberately asking for and agreeing to undervalue the item.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Seems pretty straightforward to me, based on the information given here. The seller has an official letter from the French PO (so there is a paper trail) stating the article was delivered to the recipient's address. We only have the recipient's word that he/she never received it. So the options are few: 1, that someone at the French PO is lying, or 2, that the recipient is lying. On the balance of probabilities, which of these two options are most likely? Is it even fair to ask this?

Having said that, the seller could in theory claim for lost mail (does the French PO have basic cover up to a certain limit?), but that is hampered by the potential mail fraud that both appear to have committed in deliberately asking for and agreeing to undervalue the item.
    Now to your judgement and probabilities sir. I have written the number of Saudi post. Sorry to say but You can act as actual sherlock and confirm this number.. That, is it an original Saudi post number or im lying about that as well!! and you have the tracking number.. Ask them your self about this package that did it ever reach Saudi Arabia? I'm an expat in saudi Arabia and they won't toe my line if you want to confirm that was I lying or did I actually take a loss of 600 dollars.
    Secondly why didn't the seller sent me this letter and the other relavant papers which I can take to Saudi post. I mailed him before putting this post up here. Telling him about my frustration and he didn't reply so I posted my experience.
    Confirm it kindly directly with Saudi post as they dont even accept that this package (with mentioned tracking number) even entered Saudi Arabia. So without this letter from seller (the picture he had put here is with counseling my name and address so why don't he send me this original letter) how can I get any paper from Saudi post when they say the tracking in the system says it self on website that there is no data of this tracking number (why don't you try putting that tracking number on Saudi post website your self before blaming) if you put your self in my shoes for once.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Hard to understand what you are saying there.

Let's be fair and assume that the package was sent by the seller in good faith, and that you as the recipient did not receive the package. While it may be up to the seller to seek compensation for the lost package, the simple truth is you asked for (and they agreed to) a valuation of $100 to be put on the package. That will be the total amount of compensation.

Now, trying to make sense of your posts, you want the seller to refund you of the actual cost of the pen (presumably a great amount above the $100 valuation). So, you get all your money, the seller loses a pen and gets nothing. Does that sound fair to you?

Bear in mind, as I said earlier, you may both be committing mail fraud by deliberately having a false low value on the export notice. I can only speculate why you would do this (perhaps there is a customs tax on imported goods to Saudi, for example).

Edit: Why did you ask for the package to be valued at $100?

Thanks

Hard to understand what you are saying there.

Let's be fair and assume that the package was sent by the seller in good faith, and that you as the recipient did not receive the package. While it may be up to the seller to seek compensation for the lost package, the simple truth is you asked for (and they agreed to) a valuation of $100 to be put on the package. That will be the total amount of compensation.

Now, trying to make sense of your posts, you want the seller to refund you of the actual cost of the pen (presumably a great amount above the $100 valuation). So, you get all your money, the seller loses a pen and gets nothing. Does that sound fair to you?

Bear in mind, as I said earlier, you may both be committing mail fraud by deliberately having a false low value on the export notice. I can only speculate why you would do this (perhaps there is a customs tax on imported goods to Saudi, for example).

Edit: Why did you ask for the package to be valued at $100?
    Yeah there is tax I admitted before as well that there were mistakes on my part like not backing off from the deal while he first acknowledged to ship me through DHL when I agreed to pay extra and then he said that he will only ship through registered post but he can send me the scan of this letter so i can pursue this with Saudi post here. And about my record and the deals I had made with big names in pen world you can inquire about the transactions I made with them. let me message you privately

Last edited by Jaws; June 25th, 2019 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks

I don't know French but I just observed that the date is of 17th of May on the letter. My question is that it's been more than a month why did not he sent me this letter till now

Thanks

I reported all the procedures and replies from French PO to you. I literally said that "I got a letter from La Poste today that the parcel has been actually delivered." If you needed a photo of it and thought it would be helpful, you could ask me to send it, as Paypal did. Why did I tell you I got the letter if I didn't want to send it to you? And to be clear, I showed you the shipping label. We used different word, "Receipt", but you know, it's the actual carbon copy of the shipping label. You requested to send it, and I sent it to you.

Related to the message you sent to me in advance to this post, what should I do for the message saying like, in short, "I'm disappointed. I wasted my hard earned money."? If you asked me to send any document or letter as an evidence of delivery, I definitely would. But you didn't. I can just copy and paste the message you sent. There is no single sentence asking any document to me in the message although I told you "Today I got an official letter from La Poste that they openned a research case. The letter says the research case will take at most 30 days." when I opened a research case in French PO, and "I got a letter from La Poste today that the parcel has been actually delivered." when I got the letter I showed above.
    Last edited by iruciperi; June 25th, 2019 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks

6th May 2019
    "The delivery address is incomplete and we cannot deliver your parcel. We are looking for additional information to ensure the safe delivery of your parcel. Please contact our customer service to provide the necessary additional information."

https://www.laposte.fr/outils/track-...=CC803602854FR

They then say it has successfully delivered the next day, but... who knows?
    Last edited by SIR; June 25th, 2019 at 08:07 AM.

Thanks

Yes, it's my fault that I agreed to undervalue the item. And I think this is even worse case, if I want to claim for lost mail, in a sense that the PO is saying the parcel has been delivered. Who will receive any claim for the mail which is, by their research, successfully delivered? They don't think it's lost mail, whatever the truth is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    6th May 2019
    "The delivery address is incomplete and we cannot deliver your parcel. We are looking for additional information to ensure the safe delivery of your parcel. Please contact our customer service to provide the necessary additional information."

click "Show Details" at bottom of page -
    https://www.parcelmonitor.com/track-...=CC803602854FR
    Yes, I also saw the message in 6th May. So I went to the post office at 7th May morning. And on the way, I got an alarm from my parcel app saying "The parcel has been delivered.". I got to the post office to check if it really was, and the staff said "It is delivered.". And remainings are as shown. The buyer said he didn't receive anything, so I opened a case, and the French PO sent me a letter I showed above.

Thanks

i'm not taking sides but, i'm amazed/impressed at your offer to reimburse half (or any) of the real value, i don't think there are many sellers out there - businesses or private individuals - who would do the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    i'm not taking sides but, i'm amazed/impressed at your offer to reimburse half (or any) of the real value, i don't think there are many sellers out there - businesses or private individuals - who would do the same.
    I did it because 1) I felt a responsibility as one involving in the deal, 2) I could not (and can't) completely exclude possibility of scamming nor the PO's fault, 3) and personally I'm now starting a new career in France so I wanted to concentrate on getting used to work and life in France, if the half refund satisfies the buyer. But.. yeah, it didn't work and I'm watching this forum now.
    Last edited by iruciperi; June 25th, 2019 at 08:35 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iruciperi For This Useful Post:

cegadede (June 30th, 2019), Scrawler (July 12th, 2019), SIR (June 25th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iruciperi View Post

Yes, it's my fault that I agreed to undervalue the item. And I think this is even worse case, if I want to claim for lost mail, in a sense that the PO is saying the parcel has been delivered. Who will receive any claim for the mail which is, by their research, successfully delivered? They don't think it's lost mail, whatever the truth is.
    "They don't think it's a lost mail". Who's suppose to deliver mail in saudi Arabia? French post or Saudi post. Specially when the one who is responsible for delivering it to me, says and depicts on its official site that there no data of this tracking number. That's why I wrote you to ask french post for "any proof" of delivery when there is simply "non".. And that's why I gave you the website address to check it personally sent you snapshots.. Those who want to check can call on Saudi post official number, wait for the recording in Arabic to turn to English and then press numbers as guided to talk to customer care and ask about this tracking number, instead of blaming. At the end I will put all our correspondence on emails with dates here and how much I was pushing you to check from French post and let people decide what ever they want. As far as letter is concerned this confirmation letter of delivery shows date of 17th May. In response to my email on 19th may (after desperately waiting for 10 days and no reply from you) , you emailed on 19th that "today I received letter from French post that research case is open" while here confirmation of delivery says 17th May.

Anyways here's the Saudi Post address any one who's intrested to check

https://sp.com.sa/en/Electronic/Page...=CC803602854FR

Also you can call on the number provided on this website or the one provided by international tracking website "aftership" displaying result of this tracking number and phone number they provided for Saudi post. Im attaching the screen shot and link for that.

https://track.aftership.com/la-poste...CC803602854FR?