Hallo fellow fountaineers!

So most of us appear to have multiple pens and multiple inks (not to mention paper varieties). Would this be a reasonably accurate statement?

Okay then...

… who among us uses more than one colour when writing personal (non-business) correspondence?

Well, I certainly do, and so do my pen pals, but I've been thinking a bit about why I do this and whether it is a thing I should continue to do. See, I get that we like to show off our rainbow colours, and I get that we like to use all our pens.

However, it means that the pens do not always have the colour that I want in them, at the time of writing, because preferences may change almost daily! And sometimes I lament the fact that I have one nicely shading ink in my one italic pen (for example) instead of another equally vivacious colour. Also, to add to mix, some of my pens are now almost permanently wedded to a particular ink (my 823 only ever has Tsuki-yo in it, for instance).

Further to this, I tend to write for only one page in one colour - though this is obviously not a strict rule, and occasionally I have changed between paragraphs.

I guess one solution to this is to use dip pens, but FP inks do not all play well doing this.

So, I thought it might be interesting to hear what other people do.

Are you a rainbow warrior of the written page? Or do you take a noir approach and write monotone monographs?