Thread: Next Reading UK meet-up Sunday 27th October 12-2pm

Thanks

Default Next Reading UK meet-up Sunday 27th October 12-2pm

Planning another Reading (UK) meet-up for Sunday October 27th. It's the week-end before FP day.

Is there any enthusiasm for one?

I was thinking of keeping the same venue - Brewdog, Reading.

The trouble is that in the town centre there are no venues with car parking. The only place I can think of that is easily accessible with car parking is the Hope & Bear, which is on the nexus point of the London Road and Kings Rd. The trouble with that is that it is a 2 miles out of town, so what we gain for those that drive (and you may have to round the ridiculous one way system to get there) we lose for those using the train.

I'm equidistant from both - so either suits, and there's not a lot in it with regard to prices.

So, I'd be grateful if folk could let me know which they'd prefer by 31st August - and I'll book one on 1st September.

Option A Brewdog 12-2pm in the town centre https://www.brewdog.com/bars/uk/brewdog-reading/

Option B Hope & Bear - 12-2pm on the outskirts of Reading https://www.hopeandbearreading.co.uk/#

Thanks

Default Re: Next Reading UK meet-up Sunday 27th October 12-2pm

I would be interested in coming. Reading is a hell of a lot easier to get to than London and a damn sight cheaper too. I don't drive so at first glance the more feasable option for me and my family is the brewdog as we will be taking busses. Whichever option is decided on however we will try to be there.
    Den's Pens - This is my home on the internet where you can find my pens and other things, come take a look.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,348 Times in 1,669 Posts

I was happy enough with Brewdog for the last meeting. The actual venue makes little difference to me though as I will be dropped off and picked up.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Parking is expensive in Reading, but I did like the Brewdog - quiet on a Sunday. Think I'm free for the 27th.
    London UK Fountain Pen Club meats at the Bierschenke near Liverpool St Station on the first Saturday of every month aside October (for the London Writing Equipment Show) 12:00-15:00 - London, UK Fountain Pen Club

Thanks

I've not been to Reading for ages, but there always used to be free parking on Sundays on the roads on and around London St, the next turning on the Oracle roundabout. Maybe an extra minute's walk.
    Hope this is helpful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdtimelucky For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (July 14th, 2019)

Thanks

Thank you to everyone for your comments so far.

So far, we have a pen meet in Reading on October 27th from 12-2pm.

At the moment, Brewdog is the venue. I'll create the event on 1st September with the final details.