Thread: Some help on value please - Parker Duofold

Thanks

Default Some help on value please - Parker Duofold

Saw this clipless Duofold.

Thought it looked amazing.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

( as per my previous post - I have very limited knowledge of collecting Duofolds )

Was looking for its current value please.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 11,015 Times in 4,003 Posts

Default Re: Some help on value please - Parker Duofold

Streamline Modern in black and white (pearl). I believe 1929 to mid-30s. This one is particularly discolored - this material reacted a lot to the off-gassing of latex sacs and the white turned brown. Not surface staining but the entire material. Hard to find clean examples but this one is not good.

As with the other, it isn't "clipless" - it simply has lost it's clip. Spend some time at that Parker Duofold link I gave you and it will answer a LOT of your questions.

Lastly, current value hard to tell. Not in good condition and lack of detailed photos.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

proteus (July 14th, 2019)

Thanks

Jon, Thank you

You have help me alot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by proteus View Post
    Jon, Thank you. You have help me alot.
    No problem. BTW, here is a photo of pretty much the same pen (this is a senior size and I *think* yours is as well. I restored this last year. Take notice of how, on mine, the barrel is discolored but the cap has escaped some of that change (not perfect but slightly better than average original color). Again, the black cap top un-threads from the cap and the clip goes in place there.

P.S. My pen is 130mm long when capped; if yours matches, it is a Sr; if shorter, a Jr.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

botesmj1 (November 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Jon,

A great many thanks for your photography shown.

That was kind of you.

It was a pen that I was considering buying, I really like the finish of the shells.

Given that it does not have the original clip / nib I think I will not bother with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by proteus View Post
    It was a pen that I was considering buying, I really like the finish of the shells. Given that it does not have the original clip / nib I think I will not bother with it.
    Please do take this as a kind request: by the nature of the above statement and a similar one on the red Duofold, I am now understanding that these are just photos from auction sites and that these pens are NOT currently in your possession. In the future, could you *please* make this clear in your very first post? It would save those of us who want to help from going to a bunch of additional work talking about alternative photos, asking for more info, etc. I like to help but if it is just getting some basic info prior to bidding on an auction, I really would like to know that up front.

"Here's a pen I'm considering purchasing, what do you think about xx or can tell me about yy?" Frankly, I'm more apt to give time and effort to a pen that a person actually owns.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; July 15th, 2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: correcting typo

~ Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (July 15th, 2019), christof (July 15th, 2019)

Thanks

Many thanks for your words of wisdom.

As you are a very forth right person I will save my thoughts for another day.