Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC Pen Show 2019

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: DC Pen Show 2019

Quote Originally Posted by empliau View Post
    Look at all those MB Agathas! Wonder if any of them has a B nib. Do the WE ever have a BB?
    Yes, I spotted those too. I always wanted a Christie, but now I'm getting older I've given up the idea of owning one. They became too expensive for my pocket.

WE pens can start life with either a size F, M or B nib, but I was once advised that any of Mb's range of nib widths are available as a special order.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

empliau (August 4th, 2019)

Thanks

I do have a non-MB Christie: It used to be one, and FPH was selling it for relatively cheap - the cap was cracked, someone had scratched his name on the cap, and the clip was gone. I knew that Brad Torelli could do magic with MB resin, so I bought it and sent it to Brad. Miraculously, it wasn't cracked - what looked like a crack was where the owner tried to glue the clip back on. Brad performed his miracles and it's lovely - it looks absolutely pristine.

MB disowns it because I replaced the clip with a copy from Tom Westerich. His are beautiful and MB's are $$$$. I got my snake with emerald eyes because I prefer them to ruby, so now I consider it my 'custom' Agatha. However, it is a F nib, and I love broad nibs, so I keep my eyes open for the next miracle.

Thanks

DC was quite an enjoyable show this year, a bit smaller than in the past, with some familiar faces absent but lots of new ones there. I especially enjoyed meeting the representatives from Penlux, a Taiwanese company making great piston-fillers with either steel or gold nibs. The gold ones are made by Sailor. Didn't sell as many pens as I would have liked, but spent a fun weekend with my wife in a decent hotel surrounded by very friendly people from the pen community. That beats commerce any day in my book. Brought home three pens: my mother-in-law's high school graduation gift - a 1945 cedar blue & sterling Parker 51 which Martin Ferguson restored, a new Pelikan 800 Stressman from Artlite in Atlanta, and a beautiful WWII-era Osmia Supra #8 size, a very generous gift from my friend Osman Sumer! Will try to post photos. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Barry B. Gabay; August 5th, 2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling error

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

amk (August 6th, 2019), azkid (August 5th, 2019), Chrissy (August 5th, 2019), da vinci (August 6th, 2019), ethernautrix (August 5th, 2019), junglejim (August 6th, 2019), Mark Dillon (August 6th, 2019), penwash (August 6th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Thanks to those who share photos.
    I think we need more impressions (good and bad) about pen shows.

This makes me more excited about my home pen show in Dallas next month.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Mark Dillon (August 6th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry B. Gabay View Post
    DC was quite an enjoyable show this year, a bit smaller than in the past, with some familiar faces absent but lots of new ones there. I especially enjoyed meeting the representatives from Penlux, a Taiwanese company making great piston-fillers with either steel or gold nibs. The gold ones are made by Sailor. Didn't sell as many pens as I would have liked, but spent a fun weekend with my wife in a decent hotel surrounded by very friendly people from the pen community. That beats commerce any day in my book. Brought home three pens: my mother-in-law's high school graduation gift - a 1945 cedar blue & sterling Parker 51 which Martin Ferguson restored, a new Pelikan 800 Stressman from Artlite in Atlanta, and a beautiful WWII-era Osmia Supra #8 size, a very generous gift from my friend Osman Sumer! Will try to post photos. Enjoy.

That Stresemann is really a nice looking, classy pen.