Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jason Mei Is Back!

Thanks

Default Re: Jason Mei Is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Why assume that he is some sort of criminal mastermind
    i'm certainly not implying any particular genius is at work, rather that certain behaviours simply and naturally complement and accompany each other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Why assume that he is some sort of criminal mastermind
    i'm certainly not implying any particular genius is at work, rather that certain behaviours simply and naturally complement and accompany each other.
    Correct.
    Jason Mei is a sociopath.

Here is one of many references; see what you think............
    https://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoolBoy For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (August 7th, 2019), SIR (August 6th, 2019)

Thanks

"Jason Mei" might be a con artist, plain and simple. One or more of psychopath, Machiavellian and narcissist. @SIR is right.
    https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...to-avoid-them/

Did anyone raise the alert on Reddit r/fountainpens? That place has pretty good reach and might provide additional info. At the very least, it would likely prevent others from falling victim to the scam.
    Last edited by Pendragon; August 8th, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    "Did anyone raise the alert on Reddit r/fountainpens? That place has pretty good reach and might provide additional info. At the very least, it would likely prevent others from falling victim to the scam.
    A FPG member contacted the Moderator of Pentrace (LenP) who, after doing his own due diligence, left a warning for Pentrace readers.

Another FPG member tried to contact the Moderator and Administrator of Fountain Pen Network (FPN), several times, but they did not reply. This same FPG member made a post on FPN suggesting that FPN members review the information posted here and at Pentrace..... but that post was taken down almost immediately.

I do not know if anyone has tried to alert the Moderator on Reddit.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoolBoy For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (August 8th, 2019), Pendragon (August 7th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,015 Times in 4,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoolBoy View Post
    If anyone does anything with reddit, it would need to be addressed to the mods on r/Pen_Swap. There wouldn't be any sense in posting to the main r/fountainpens.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (August 8th, 2019), Pendragon (August 7th, 2019), penwash (August 7th, 2019), PoolBoy (August 7th, 2019)

Thanks

A FPG member contacted the Moderator of Pentrace (LenP) who, after doing his own due diligence, left a warning for Pentrace readers.

Another FPG member tried to contact the Moderator and Administrator of Fountain Pen Network (FPN), several times, but they did not reply. This same FPG member made a post on FPN suggesting that FPN members review the information posted here and at Pentrace..... but that post was taken down almost immediately.
    Maybe Jason upgraded his membership there? Seriously, that is a really bad attitude on FPN's part and puts their members at risk. At least Len and Pentrace took action. That's good work.

Thanks

Exclamation Re: Jason Mei Is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Maybe Jason upgraded his membership there? Seriously, that is a really bad attitude on FPN's part and puts their members at risk
    Fairly typical behaviour from FPN mods - they have also been implicated in alleged pen selling scams before;

https://kamiyu910.tumblr.com/post/163733677098

Thanks

Maybe Jason upgraded his membership there?
    I got scammed by Jason a while back for a Stipula Etruria and his account (on FPN) on which he listed the pens, has sent messages and everything got deleted.
    Since it just says 'deleted profile' I'm not sure wether he got banned or if he deleted his account himself to escape the heat

Thanks

When I heard that the Moderator / Administrators of FPN were not responding to PMs & e-mails alerting them to the scam, I was not surprised by that fairly typical behaviour.

The FPG member who contacted them and got no response subsequently put up a post on FPN...... which was immediately deleted. I saw a draft of the post. It simply alerted FPN members to the presence of an active scam and referred them to Pentrace & FPG for further information. No names, links, etc. Should have been a "legal" post.

Makes one wonder...........

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 1,698 Posts

But who are these FPN people allegedly taking part in scams? 'Ray' and 'Andrea' could be anyone. And who is the accuser?
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 6,685 Times in 1,969 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    If anyone does anything with reddit, it would need to be addressed to the mods on r/Pen_Swap. There wouldn't be any sense in posting to the main r/fountainpens.
    Spot on, Jon.

I have alerted one of the mods for r/Pen_Swap, who is also a member here. He may join this conversation soon.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks
    Thanked 11,015 Times in 4,003 Posts

When I heard that the Moderator / Administrators of FPN were not responding to PMs & e-mails alerting them to the scam, I was not surprised by that fairly typical behaviour.
    I'm just going to throw this out there. If anyone knows my history, they know I'm not an FPN apologist in any way, shape or form.

The fact that there has been no response may mean precisely nothing. Before people go off on conspiracy theories and accusations of collusion in pen scams, take into account the following: I've recently seen a thread on PT whereby a person simply wanted to have their email acknowledged so they could *join* FPN, and they had been waiting for a simple response for over 2 weeks. Another person, who was a sub-forum mod, replied that there was only one person who dealt with membership requests and that they had been dealing with personal/family issues and had not been able to deal with mod stuff.

So this big honking pen forum has precisely ONE person to deal with that stuff and no backup and people have to wait. It is entirely within reason to consider that a note sent to them about some seller being an ass is getting the same treatment.

Not everything is what it seems. Perspective is important.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

AndyLogan (August 11th, 2019), AzJon (August 8th, 2019), catbert (August 8th, 2019), ChrisJ (August 8th, 2019), fountainpagan (August 8th, 2019), Pendragon (August 8th, 2019)

Thanks

Fairly typical behaviour from FPN mods - they have also been implicated in alleged pen selling scams before;

https://kamiyu910.tumblr.com/post/163733677098
    The FPN in that link is on Facebook. It is not part of, and is not controlled by, the FPN forum. Just to be clear, I was being facetious about the paid membership levels, and don't believe for a second that fraud would be tolerated at FPN. As Jon correctly notes, a lack of response by itself does not imply inaction or that the communication was discarded unread. I still think deleting the post was a bad idea, though. Regardless, any communication to any forum regarding scams should include supporting evidence. It is about preventing more fraud from occurring, not an placating an angry mob online.

The "evidence" at that link consists primarily of heavily redacted arguing, sarcasm, long-winded whining, and allegations. It looks to me like two people getting into a pissing contest, not hard evidence. Again, the solution is to buy from known good sellers whenever possible, and to never use payment methods unless they have effective dispute resolution mechanisms (i.e. you can quickly and easily get your money back in case of fraud). Pen buyers' last line of protection, and the one most effective, is between their ears.

People buying pens online might now know what to look for, what payment methods are the best to use, and what to do in case of fraud. Has anybody ever considered writing a best pen buying and selling practices document? Making it a group effort would divide the effort, and also allow multiple people to proofread the work of the others. Submit the final draft to some very experienced pen collectors for final approval, just to make sure everything is golden. Information on pen selling is just as important as for pen buying. None of us want to get ripped off, regardless of whether we are buying or selling a pen. The final document could be put into PDF format, and then linked to on multiple forums and otherwise widely distributed.

Just a thought, but maybe this would help? It would be nice to have all the information in a single place. The various pen clubs might also be willing to help out.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendragon For This Useful Post:

AndyLogan (August 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Not being funny, but... given the various FPN moderators' reputations - i can only compare their collective behaviour to the catholic church and the lack of action in the multitude of child abuse cases.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

As a former moderator on FPN I can say that I "saw" some very questionable actions and attitudes from other moderators. My disquiet over this, and the voicing of it, ultimately led to me being completely banned from the site. Despite that, I do support what Jon has said upthread. Too many unknowns.

Thanks

When I was on FPN, I eventually got angry at all the bs every time I logged in, and so left for good. Hopefully, others won't let one bad place diminish their enthusiasm for pens. Life is too short.

Not being funny, but... given the various FPN moderators' reputations - i can only compare their collective behaviour to the catholic church and the lack of action in the multitude of child abuse cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    As a former moderator on FPN I can say that I "saw" some very questionable actions and attitudes from other moderators. My disquiet over this, and the voicing of it, ultimately led to me being completely banned from the site. Despite that, I do support what Jon has said upthread. Too many unknowns.
    That kind of ties in with the thread https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...-Apathy-Sunset, and is why Reddit r/fountainpens is drawing people away from FPN. In the end, we can let antipathy for FPN pollute and partially define the fountain pen hobby, or we can just let those bad vibes go. IMHO, we should not let its influence reach out here, derailing threads and otherwise darkening the sky.

If anybody is still upset with FPN, then read The Drunken Lord's hilarious posts. That way you will get a laugh instead of being bummed out.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

@Empty_of _Clouds - No need for double posts here on FPG. Unlike FPN we have a delete option. Just click on Edit Post, then check Delete Post at the top of the page then check the box on the right.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Never noticed that option. Done!

Thanks

Anyone else thought this was a slightly odd Welcome thread before reading it?

Jason me is back...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to top pen For This Useful Post:

SIR (August 9th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by top pen View Post
    Anyone else thought this was a slightly odd Welcome thread before reading it?

Jason me is back...
    What was a slightly odd Welcome? The 8,535 spam messages in New Members? It is hard to even find the new member posts in there.

If he is back, Jason must enjoy watching everybody bouncing off the walls