Thread: Esterbrook J & Deluxe w/ FLEX, Parker Parkette Deluxe, Pelikan Graphos, & Ballpoints

Thanks

Default Esterbrook J & Deluxe w/ FLEX, Parker Parkette Deluxe, Pelikan Graphos, & Ballpoints

Hi all! Selling off a few things to fund stuff. You know the deal. Photos and verification available here.

SOLD First is my Parker Parkette Deluxe[/B] from 1934-ish. It's red marble celluloid with a beautiful fluted cap/barrel and a bouncy/soft alloy nib. It's really fun to write with, I just NEVER use it. Barrel is stamped with "Bernard Fields," so this may not be for you if you don't love personalization. Has a new sac and lever filler works great. Wonderful little writer. More photos of the Parkette and barrel imprints here. [b]Asking $40 including CONUS shipping.

Next is my Esterbrook "Deluxe" from around the mid-1950s. It's of the "SM" line, as it has cap and barrel jewels, but it's a later-run model with a screw-on cap as opposed to a snap cap, which I really like. The barrel is a beautiful dark burgundy, which I tried to capture in the photos. Nib is a #2048, or fine flex. It's firm, but has a nice bit of variation in it and is really fun to use. Bought this fully restored from Jesi Coles of Vintage Pen Shop at the 2019 Baltimore Pen Show. Pen is in great shape and is a joy to use, I just find I use my Pilot 912 with falcon nib for my flexy-writing needs. Asking $75 including CONUS shipping.

SOLD I'm also letting go a pretty standard Esterbrook J pen, with a #9550 "firm extra fine" nib. This pen is delightfully chunky and has a nifty imprint on the barrel, just doesn't see use from me. Sac and filler work great, and pen is in overall good condition. Asking $30 shipped for this badboy.

SOLD Up next is the weirdo of the group: a Pelikan Graphos set. The Graphos is a technical drawing pen, which I think came about in the '60s or '70s. The pen works more or less like an eyedropper: you fill the barrel with ink and then can swap out the nibs like you would a dip pen. The set includes 12 different nibs, some italic-ish, some fine, and some flexy. It's reeeeeally fun to use if you're into calligraphy or lettering. The set also includes a funky retro box and a little tube of what used to be ink, though it's since dried up lol. Other fun thing about this pen is you can use any kind of ink you want: india ink, fountain pen ink, red wine, the blood of your enemies, whatever. Asking $40 for the set, including CONUS shipping.

Last are two really nice ballpoints: the first is a Sheaffer Balance II ballpoint from the '90s in a lovely forest green acrylic. Writes great, feels great, has a nice weight. Will include the original refill which appears more or less unused. Asking $25 shipped CONUS for this one.

Second ballpoint came in a set with a matching fountain pen, which has sadly since been stolen from me. It's a tortoise Kaweco Dia 2, numbered 726/1000. It's nice and hefty, and is probably my favorite ballpoint to be honest, I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it around. I'll include the clamshell case I received it in, along with a Parker Quink refill. Asking $40 $30, including CONUS shipping.

As always, message me with questions, offers, or puns. Happy writing!
    Last edited by DomainOfDolin; August 6th, 2019 at 11:06 AM.