Thread: Montblanc 60ml & 30ml bottle caps - Fail

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Montblanc 60ml & 30ml bottle caps - Fail

FYI: I discovered another cap on a 60ml bottle of Montblanc ink that was badly cracked, vertically across the threads about 3/4 of the depth of the cap in four places. One crack appears in the photo, below. The cracks are long enough to preclude an airtight seal. I use this color ink regularly (Toffee), so the cap on this bottle was twisted more often than other MB bottle caps, but I don't tighten the cap on Toffee more than I do on other colors. Furthermore, with only 10ml of ink used, that 60ml bottle and cap wasn't in use all that long. (I decanted the ink into an MB 50ml bottle and the ink barely fit.)

This is the second such failure of these new-style caps that I've experienced. These caps are on 60ml and 30ml bottles, and have a chrome-color ring around the outer edge of the top of the cap.

IMG_2300.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 10,362 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc 60ml & 30ml bottle caps - Fail

That's a real nuisance. I don't have many bottles with this new style cap, but I do have a 60ml Toffee Brown plus a couple of 30ml bottles. I must get them out and check to see if they have this problem.

I wonder if they are going to change all of their "regular" inks to square 50ml bottles now? Their latest inks are all issued in those bottles.
    Last edited by Chrissy; July 28th, 2019 at 12:54 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Montblanc 60ml & 30ml bottle caps - Fail

@FredRydr, have you sent that photo and your comments to Montblanc? Posting the information here is very helpful to us, but only Montblanc can fix the problem. They might not be aware of the issue, especially if everybody assumes they do. Even if they only say they will look into it, or just send a form response, they will at least investigate to see if it really is a wide

https://www.montblanc.com/en-be/mont...e/contact.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I wonder if they are going to change all of their "regular" inks to square 50ml bottles now? Their latest inks are all issued in those bottles.
    You could always ask them, and let them know your take on the matter if you don't like their answer.

Posting things on a forum is fine, and a good heads up for us. IMHO, it is also important to communicate with the vendors. They want to maximize profits, but having dissatisfied customers is bad for the bottom line.