Thread: Twisted Sac

Thanks

Default Twisted Sac

I have this Parker Parkette that I recently purchased on eBay. It's a lever filler and the section screw together. As you screw them together the sac twists. It constricts and ink flow into the sac. So much so that sometimes the sac doesn't fill at all.

There has to be a solution to this. I'm a Parker enthusiast and would like to write with this pen.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Twisted Sac

What if you talc it? Does it still ling to the inside of the pen?

My second question is if you have the wrong sized sac on it. Maybe the sac is too big for the pen.

You might PM Will (redeempens) as Parkettes are a favorite of his.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

If the sac is getting twisted - which it shouldn't - then there may be a few causes:

• the j-bar / pressure bar is bent or corroded and catching the sac - examine the bar and replace if it shows either of those issues
    • you are using a sac that is either too big or too long - a sac should easily drop into the barrel and the length should have a bit of extra room at the end after you've trimmed it. Using a sac too big in diameter or too long, to try to get more ink, will just end up with problems
    • you always need to use talc on the sac, which should aid in the assembly

Hopefully this will help.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    If the sac is getting twisted - which it shouldn't - then there may be a few causes:

• the j-bar / pressure bar is bent or corroded and catching the sac - examine the bar and replace if it shows either of those issues
    • you are using a sac that is either too big or too long - a sac should easily drop into the barrel and the length should have a bit of extra room at the end after you've trimmed it. Using a sac too big in diameter or too long, to try to get more ink, will just end up with problems
    • you always need to use talc on the sac, which should aid in the assembly

Hopefully this will help.
    I'm going to change the sac. The sac that was on it came with the pen.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk